ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263152)

Coogs 09-03-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8874567)
I said it already but I put part of the blame on the INT in the endzone on Crennel. Quinn made a mistake but it was clear that the hit he took two plays earlier rattled him pretty bad. A timeout and a regroup I think wouldve prevented the INT.

The INT should not have been thrown. But he did. That said. If the O-line gives him any time at all. It is a TD to Maneri. I'd bank on it.

The 3rd down and long plays were right on the money... thrown to an open receiver. It has been a long time since we have seen that. Usually 3rd and long requires a draw or checkdown pass with hopes of the RB being able to convert the last few yards to the sticks.

The guy is only 27. I am not opposed at all to drafting a QB either. But that QB may be 27 before he "gets it" in the NFL. Ryan has done a nice job early in his career. He is now 27. Point is, there is probably a learning curve for a rookie QB to get to the Super Bowl.

This team does not need Dan Marino to get it done. We just need someone who can keep the chains moving behind a stout running game. Quinn appears to be able to make the plays to do just that.

Like I say. Laugh if you must... which some of you are. Quinn just might be what this team needs to get over the hump. AFTER he gets some more time with the #1's to get some chemistry and timing developed.

Sofa King 09-03-2012 03:30 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...tty_medium.jpg

Saccopoo 09-03-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8874613)
The INT should not have been thrown. But he did. That said. If the O-line gives him any time at all. It is a TD to Maneri. I'd bank on it.

The 3rd down and long plays were right on the money... thrown to an open receiver. It has been a long time since we have seen that. Usually 3rd and long requires a draw or checkdown pass with hopes of the RB being able to convert the last few yards to the sticks.

The guy is only 27. I am not opposed at all to drafting a QB either. But that QB may be 27 before he "gets it" in the NFL. Ryan has done a nice job early in his career. He is now 27. Point is, there is probably a learning curve for a rookie QB to get to the Super Bowl.

This team does not need Dan Marino to get it done. We just need someone who can keep the chains moving behind a stout running game. Quinn appears to be able to make the plays to do just that.

Like I say. Laugh if you must... which some of you are. Quinn just might be what this team needs to get over the hump. AFTER he gets some more time with the #1's to get some chemistry and timing developed.

He's got a better arm, throws a better pass and can hit the open receiver. He's got a better feel in the pocket and doesn't panic as easily dumping off passes to the back after the first read.

Coogs is correct and the preseason showed why. He was the best of the three QB's on roster, threw better passes and that was playing with the junk that was getting dumped on the first cut day.

In58men 09-03-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8874477)
I'll settle for top 30.

Oh **** yeah ROFL

Coogs 09-03-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8874639)
Oh **** yeah ROFL

Aren't you needed in a Luv or Dr. Johnny thread?

007 09-03-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8874623)

no no no no no

They're STILL shitty

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-03-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8874320)
God help us.

LMAO Being a Chiefs fan is great.

Phobia 09-03-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8874451)
This has to be one of the dumbest threads created. I'd rather read 5 luv threads and 8 Dr Johnny threads before reading just 1 of yours.

Coming from you? Really? You're not even qualified to judge thread quality in D.C. Coogs is GTG. I don't know if I agree with him here but he's posted a lot more good football takes than bad.

ILChief 09-03-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8874664)
no no no no no

They're STILL shitty

http://uconnbythenumbers.com/wp-cont...itty-Again.jpg

Hammock Parties 09-03-2012 04:25 PM

Now think about this:

Statistically, Brady Quinn has accomplished less in this league than Tyler Thigpen.

Do I need to start a Quinn vs Thiggy poll?

aturnis 09-03-2012 04:35 PM

He did have a sweet TD pass against the Packers....

BossChief 09-03-2012 04:35 PM

Id take a Thigpen lead Pistol offense with our defense over a pro style offense lead bby Matt Cassel and our defense.

In 11 games...

2608 passing yards
386 yards rushing
22 totaal touchdowns (18 passing tds, 3 rushing tds, 1 receiving touchdown)
12 interceptions

BossChief 09-03-2012 04:42 PM

BTW

If you take those numbers and extrapolate them over the course of 16 games, you get:

4,407 total yards (WOW)
3793 passing yards
561 rushing yards
53 receiving yards (thank you, Ronde)
32 total touchdowns
17 interceptions

Couple that with our defense, and it would be a fun year.

Gimmick or not.

Go ahead and check my math...

Hammock Parties 09-03-2012 04:44 PM

And that was with the beta version of Dwayne Bowe and no Jamaal Charles, behind a shitty offensive line.

Thiggy is not better than Cassel....but he is damn sure getting the shaft in this thread. Not that I even like the sawed off bastard, I just hate Cassel more.

BossChief 09-03-2012 04:46 PM

BTW...Hillis and Charles would RAPE FACES in a pistol behind this OL.