ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Official Kerry vs Bush Debate tonight ... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100081)

Ari Chi3fs 09-30-2004 08:24 AM

Official Kerry vs Bush Debate tonight ...

Im looking forward to seeing Bush get verbally owned...

im gonna TIVO the SUm'bitch so I can relish each and every uncomfortable squirm by Bush... Oh joy.

NewChief 09-30-2004 08:41 AM

Anyone know if the debate will be available for download anywhere (tomorrow)?

Mr. Kotter 09-30-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief

I'm sure some site will have it; just google after the debate....

Mr. Kotter 09-30-2004 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
Im looking forward to seeing Bush get verbally owned...

im gonna TIVO the SUm'bitch so I can relish each and every uncomfortable squirm by Bush... Oh joy.

You do remember last time don't you....when that "world class debater" Al Gore was gonna "own" GW....you do remember that, don't you?

Not sayin' this will be the same; but it's a bit pre-mature given the history of these things... :hmmm:

Chiefnj 09-30-2004 09:07 AM

Bush will do well in the modified "debate" just as he did well 4 years ago. He comes off as sincere and heartfelt.

Brock 09-30-2004 09:08 AM

Kerry better have good makeup. The last time I saw him, he looked embalmed.

Raiderhader 09-30-2004 09:14 AM

Some people never learn.....

Iowanian 09-30-2004 09:15 AM

Kerry's biggest problem is that he can't just make a point............He'll make a point, and then spend 15 minutes trying to intellectualize what he meant, because the audience obviously isn't intelligent enough to know what he really meant.

Kerry turning down the AC to 70, so he doesn't sweat like he's walking the green mile, maybe he'll twitch and shiver......

In this format, I think Bush will Own him.

Donger 09-30-2004 09:19 AM

I've no doubt that Bush will make some "Bushisms," but I think that folks are pretty much used to that. Let's not forget that the "debates" aren't going to change the minds of anyone but the swing voters/undecideds.

I'm still of the opinion that the more those folks see of Kerry, the less they "like" him.

Raiderhader 09-30-2004 09:21 AM

Iowanian makes a good point. I was watching a break down of Bush and Kerry's styles on tv last night and one thing they mentioned was that Bush tends to give short answers. They played a clip of him in his debate against Ann Richards where they were asked a question and Bush just gave a very quick response. Richards then proceeded to answer in essay form for the next two minutes. When it got back to Bush he made the sly remark that he should have spent more time on his answer.

Anyone who is just handing this debate to Kerry is a dope. Anyone who continues to think Bush is a dolt is a tool.

Iowanian 09-30-2004 09:22 AM

Maybe the halftime show should be Durehza and Laura in a spelling be, and Miss Congeniality competition?

Michael Michigan 09-30-2004 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief

C-Span? I think they carry it live as well.

Braincase 09-30-2004 09:31 AM

I hope somebody unplugs the freakin' teleprompters.

NewChief 09-30-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
C-Span? I think they carry it live as well.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

I don't think anyone "owns" it, so it should be out there somewhere.

badgirl 09-30-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
Kerry better have good makeup. The last time I saw him, he looked embalmed.

i heard he got a tan. :clap: