ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Going to my first ever Chiefs game...need some pointers. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101289)

BigVE 10-14-2004 06:07 PM

Going to my first ever Chiefs game...need some pointers.

Just got tickets to the Falcons game. I have seen a couple of seating charts here and there, which is the best? What does it mean when the tickets say "field box"? Any pointers on WHEN to arrive and where to park? I know I know, lots of questions. ANY pointers and tips will be greatly appreciated from this life-long Chiefs fan going to my FIRST EVER game in ARROW HEAD!!! (Im a bit stoked)

Bearcat 10-14-2004 06:13 PM

Gates open 3 hours before kickoff.

http://www.chiefstix.com/stadium.gif

CosmicPal 10-14-2004 06:18 PM

Listen to the wisdom of my father when he sat me on his knee as a little pup when he talked about me going to Arrowhead someday:

He said, "Son, if you go to the game with nothing on. Then you must run across the field when everyone's looking."

Such great advice. I owe my father so much...

:thumb:

Skip Towne 10-14-2004 06:23 PM

You must be very quiet while in Arrowhead. It is a shrine, you see.

BigRedChief 10-14-2004 06:29 PM

get there early. Walk around the tailgaters. Wonder around. Find the tee pee. They put on a mini show. Leave yourself extra time for everything. Going to the bathroom, getting a beer etc..

BigVE 10-14-2004 06:44 PM

What does it mean if my ticket has an asterisk next to the seat number?

beavis 10-14-2004 06:47 PM

Wear some Raiders gear. That always goes over well.

Bob Dole 10-14-2004 06:58 PM

Hopefully one of the regular tailgaters will jump in and offer an invite. (Except Nzoner338 is probably in jail because someone stole "his" spot.)

Bob Dole took a friend (who isn't really a KC fan) to the Texans game, and she's still talking about the Arrowhead experience. You're going to have the time of your life.

BigVE 10-14-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
Hopefully one of the regular tailgaters will jump in and offer an invite. (Except Nzoner338 is probably in jail because someone stole "his" spot.)

Bob Dole took a friend (who isn't really a KC fan) to the Texans game, and she's still talking about the Arrowhead experience. You're going to have the time of your life.

That would be cool. I KNOW Im going to have a blast! Me and Mrs. BigV and another couple will be traveling to Topeka on that Saturday and spending the night with some friends and then we will head out to Arrowhead bright and early Sunday morning.

KcMizzou 10-14-2004 07:21 PM

Drink heavily in the lot before the game... and only buy the $5 beers to maintain your buzz.

Phobia 10-14-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole

It's because I was there. She liked checking out my package.

Inspector 10-14-2004 07:44 PM

Yell.

Loudly.

BigVE 10-15-2004 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector
Yell.

Loudly.

OHYEAH.....I already told my wife that she BETTER NOT have a voice left after the game!

ChiefJustice 10-15-2004 04:39 AM

Be prepared for a long walk from your parking spot if you don't get there early.

Savor that aroma that is Arrowhead!

Otter 10-15-2004 05:16 AM

Wear red, yell loud when Vick is trying to call the plays, drink beer and meet other Chiefs fans.

Just like any other stadium as far as seats go; the closer you are to the 50 yard line and to the field are better seats.

The only thing that requires any thought is pre-game; find out where some of the planet guys are gonna be or friends and meet up with them.

It's simple. Have fun and make sure you don't lose your tickets in the meantime.

:thumb: