ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jason Witten will break all of Tony Gonzalez' records (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104440)

Hammock Parties 11-15-2004 11:34 PM

Jason Witten will break all of Tony Gonzalez' records

This kid is only 22 and he is already as good as as Tony was in his third year.

Throw in the fact that he is getting it done with not a single premier offensive player around him, and you can see how good he is. His QB is Vinny Testaverde for crying out loud! Eddie George is scaring no one!

You heard it here first.

Delano 11-15-2004 11:36 PM

I havn't had the chance to see Gates from SD, but I've heard he's the next super TE.

HolmeZz 11-15-2004 11:36 PM

Shut up.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
I havn't had the chance to see Gates from SD, but I've heard he's the next super TE.

Gates is a little older. Witten's age is the primary reason for my prediction.

The Bad Guy 11-16-2004 12:04 AM

Tight ends are beginning to stockpile themselves.

Witten, Gates, Eric Johnson are all emerging stars.

Gonzalez is spectacular, but his time alone in the spotlight is coming to an end.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2004 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
Tight ends are beginning to stockpile themselves.

Witten, Gates, Eric Johnson are all emerging stars.

Gonzalez is spectacular, but his time alone in the spotlight is coming to an end.

I think Tony will still remain the best TE for at least 4-5 more years. It amuses me to no end to see some hot new young TE every year and everyone thinks he's going to replace Tony G.

No one is talking about Shockey now that Gates is here. And Heap is hurt.

Sure-Oz 11-16-2004 12:07 AM

I still think Gonzo is the best in the game right now when fully healthy. I am curious to see Gates though.

The Bad Guy 11-16-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName
I think Tony will still remain the best TE for at least 4-5 more years. It amuses me to no end to see some hot new young TE every year and everyone thinks he's going to replace Tony G.

No one is talking about Shockey now that Gates is here. And Heap is hurt.

He's still the best, but there are players at the position producing and that is going to take some of the attention away from him is all I'm saying.

Sure-Oz 11-16-2004 12:09 AM

The media acts as if Tony has retired already.

Phobia 11-16-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
The media acts as if Tony has retired already.

Gonzo isn't featured like he should be. He's good for 2 or 3 great games a year. That's Al Saunders fault. Gonzo should have 10 touches per game. Minimum.

Miles 11-16-2004 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Gonzo isn't featured like he should be. He's good for 2 or 3 great games a year. That's Al Saunders fault. Gonzo should have 10 touches per game. Minimum.

I competly agree. The ability is there but its not being utilized. After Priest he should clearly be the second most involved in our offense...but for some reason he is not.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2004 12:29 AM

Quote:

I have to disagree. Maybe in the past but this year he is on pace to pretty much equal his best season as a Chief.

Plus the year he got 1,203 yards we didn't run the ball very much at all.

RealSNR 11-16-2004 12:30 AM

We also heard it here first when Taco said that Vick would win Dan Reeves a Super Bowl before all is said and done.

RealSNR 11-16-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

I just don't want Al to get cute. Bad stuff happens when Al gets cute.

Phobia 11-16-2004 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserName
I have to disagree. Maybe in the past but this year he is on pace to pretty much equal his best season as a Chief.

Plus the year he got 1,203 yards we didn't run the ball very much at all.

I'm not talking about 1,203 yards. I'm talking about 10 touches per game. Get Gonzo the ball 10 times. Hell, let him throw it for all I care. I just want the guy to touch the ball 10 times. He and Priest are our offense. At least give him half the touches Priest gets.