ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Arrowhead Atmosphere Yesterday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105328)

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 09:12 AM

Arrowhead Atmosphere Yesterday

Sarcasm is the single word that best describes what I sensed at the game, yesterday. And it was great. I was sure that when the Chiefs hired Vermiel, that I'd prefer losing THIS way to losing at Martyball....after yesterday, I am sure of it. :hmmm:

I don't know what I was really expecting...but yesterday's game was actually quite enjoyable. Stay with me, here.... :spock:

It's like there was NO PRESSURE. Rather than the usual nail-biting, edge of the seat discomfort, and frustration that has so far characterized the Vermeil era in Chief's history, the fans I saw yesterday actually seemed to ENJOY the game. Many around me, seemed to be "new," at the game for the first time or were with young kids--in other words, regulars seemed to have given away their tickets, to neighbors and family members. In any event, most of them left about midway through the third quarter--to beat traffic I suspect.

From the regulars who were at the game in my section, it's really become quite comical.

OVERHEARD at Arrowhead, yesterday....as best as I can recall:
- People made bets on how many plays it would take SD to score against our Defense.
- Remarks like, "Damn, so THAT'S how a DB is suppose to defend against the pass!" when SD batted a ball away.
- During the first quarter, "Will we have to score 40 or 50 points to win today?"
- During Dante's first return, and fumble....BEFORE the fumble...."There he goes....what do you think is gonna get this one called back?"
- At half time, "Is it gonna be a fumble, an interception, or a run-back that is gonna beat us?"
- We want to see a new NFL record today; 1200 yards of combined offense by the two teams!
- LJ, LJ, LJ, LJ!!! (Sarcastically....)
- SD backin' themselves up three consecutive plays with penalties....someone says, "Don't worry Marty....our "D" will bail you out."
- With SD facing 2nd and 22, someone shouted "Who's gonna get toasted on this one?"

I guess when things have gotten so predictably sad, there IS a silver-lining. :shake:

So sad.... :banghead:

ptlyon 11-29-2004 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
With SD facing 2nd and 22, someone shouted "Who's gonna get toasted on this one?"

ROFL

Bob Dole 11-29-2004 09:23 AM

That pretty much matches Bob Dole's attitude at this point.

Bob Dole just had a discussion with a Cowboy fan and mentioned that yesterday was the most relaxed Bob Dole has been watching a game all season.

LAst year, Bob Dole always felt like we had a chance when the offense got the ball for a final drive. This year, Bob Dole is wondering what kind of crap is going to seal the loss.

Chief Henry 11-29-2004 09:23 AM

This post is so sad, but true....

BigRedChief 11-29-2004 09:24 AM

Guilty as charged. My friend had been bugging me for tickets so it was cold and apathy wore me down and I sold them for face value. That sarcasm has been around our section all this year. Nothing new there.

NewChief 11-29-2004 09:25 AM

Pretty much sums it up for the folks I was sitting around as well. My favorite of the day after Dante fumbled:

"Hey Dante! Why don't you shoot another commercial!?"

mlyonsd 11-29-2004 09:29 AM

Aghhh, it's the 80's all over again.

The first game I ever took my wife to was in the early 80's and it was a season opener. We were playing the Seahawks and they had a rookie stud RB, Warner I think?

The very first play of the game from scrimmage they pitched the ball to him and he went around the left side into the clear, and down the sideline all alone.

The guy in front of us stood up and yelled "Not on the very first play!" Funny how most things in life are cyclical.

ChiTown 11-29-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole

Bob Dole just had a discussion with a Cowboy fan and mentioned that yesterday was the most relaxed Bob Dole has been watching a game all season.

LAst year, Bob Dole always felt like we had a chance when the offense got the ball for a final drive. This year, Bob Dole is wondering what kind of crap is going to seal the loss.

My wife, during the game, asks me why I'm not getting upset (you know, breaking shit and cussing like a S.O.B.). I simply told her that I'd already seen this game before, so I knew exactly what was going to happen and how it would end. It's actually comforting knowing that there will be no surprises (you know, like holding on for a win) to the game when you are watching the 2004 Chiefs.

MichaelH 11-29-2004 09:37 AM

It's nice to know that while having one of the worst seasons in history, the Chiefs can still provide lots of entertainment for our hard earned dollar. Keep up the good work Carl! :thumb:

mlyonsd 11-29-2004 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
My wife, during the game, asks me why I'm not getting upset (you know, breaking shit and cussing like a S.O.B.). I simply told her that I'd already seen this game before, so I knew exactly what was going to happen and how it would end. It's actually comforting knowing that there will be no surprises (you know, like holding on for a win) to the game when you are watching the 2004 Chiefs.

Another thing is this is a great year to teach the kids not to get upset at something silly like a football game. I wish somebody would have done that for me years ago.

stevieray 11-29-2004 09:45 AM

Interesting. My section wasn't like this at all.

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH
It's nice to know that while having one of the worst seasons in history, the Chiefs can still provide lots of entertainment for our hard earned dollar. Keep up the good work Carl! :thumb:

You know, I felt kinda cheated at first; but then I thought, "hell, I'm freezin' my ass off....watchin' an 'entertaining' offensive display, hangin' with some buds; drinkin' a few Buds (maybe I shoulda smoked some bud, too.... :p .)

It was still fun; no pressure, no drama, no disappointment....just an enjoyable, if dissappointing experience.

The worst was the 5 1/2 hour drive home became 8 hours because of white knuckle driving though snow, and three multicar pile-ups between Omaha and Sioux City on the way home. But I made it safe and sound.

And I got to listen to the Faiders beat the Donks on SNF.... :thumb:

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Down Elvis
Interesting. My section wasn't like this at all.

I admire you, Stevie. You Chief's "crazies" like Belly Boy and Wierdwolf are soooooo loyal and idealistic.

We all love the Chiefs; I guess each of us handle our disappointment in different ways though. I wish I could still be optimistic, and positive at this point.

But sarcasm and humor keep me sane. Whatever works, bro. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole

Exactly.

Relaxed. Enjoyable. In awe of the offense; amused at the defense. ROFL

Mr. Kotter 11-29-2004 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
Pretty much sums it up for the folks I was sitting around as well. My favorite of the day after Dante fumbled:

"Hey Dante! Why don't you shoot another commercial!?"

ROFL

:shake: