ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Priest Holmes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107203)

Alphaman 12-25-2004 07:47 PM

Priest Holmes

This game is a very good indication of why we should not trade Priest. LJ is very explosive when the holes are there. Priest has shown to be able to deliver when the holes aren't as defined AND in short yardage. The O-Line did not run block that well tonight, Priest has shown to still be able to do things when that happens.

Hammock Parties 12-25-2004 07:48 PM

LJ still pounded his Johnson into the endzone.

He's a stud.

Demonpenz 12-25-2004 07:48 PM

LJ provides a homerun threat everytime. Priest is an eric metcalf kind of back

LiL stumppy 12-25-2004 07:49 PM

Yup.Im not to worried when the Priest retires.

Alphaman 12-25-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
LJ provides a homerun threat everytime. Priest is an eric metcalf kind of back

Explain what that means. I'm very happy with Larry Johnson's progression. I just don't think he is ready to be the starter yet. He can still learn some things from Priest.

Alphaman 12-25-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumpy
Yup.Im not to worried when the Priest retires.

Totally agree. When Priest retires. I'm saying he shouldn't be traded.

Deberg_1990 12-25-2004 07:55 PM

Whatever.....You cant expect a back to gain 100 yards every single game!! ive seen Priest get stopped many times! Geez......

BTW, I think we should keep both of them.

Luzap 12-25-2004 08:00 PM

Agreed...

Darren,

Good observation...

We're a much better team next year with both Priest and LJ.

I like Blaylock, but he is gone and I wish him well.

Did you notice that in the second half Kawicka started showing up? I've been reviewing his last three games with great disappointment, but was pleasantly surprised today.

I'm not ready to believe we don't need a good ML in the draft, but am feeling a little more comfortable thinking we CAN draft an ML rather than using FA.

Luz
Bob Dole deserves kudos (again) for his unflinching resolute support of Hall before any of us believed...

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Whatever.....You cant expect a back to gain 100 yards every single game!! ive seen Priest get stopped many times! Geez......

BTW, I think we should keep both of them.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Keep them both. Yes Priest has been stopped many times. What I'm saying is that when the holes aren't there, Priest is better at creating. I'm not knocking LJ. He performed well tonight.

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luzap
Darren,

Good observation...

We're a much better team next year with both Priest and LJ.

I like Blaylock, but he is gone and I wish him well.

Did you notice that in the second half Kawicka started showing up? I've been reviewing his last three games with great disappointment, but was pleasantly surprised today.

I'm not ready to believe we don't need a good ML in the draft, but am feeling a little more comfortable thinking we CAN draft an ML rather than using FA.

Luz
Bob Dole deserves kudos (again) for his unflinching resolute support of Hall before any of us believed...

Hey Bill. I don't know about Kawika. I'm on the side of getting Hartwell or Bell right now. However, I can see the Chiefs not bringing in a FA and let him continue to develop as the starter.

Logical 12-25-2004 08:04 PM

This thread got you positive rep Alphaman.

Alphaman 12-25-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
This thread got you positive rep Alphaman.

Thank you sir. This may be the first time we agree.

whoman69 12-25-2004 09:24 PM

Blaylock will get the chance to start somewhere next year, IMO. The situation in Buffalo shows that every team needs a good back up. No, LJ is not as good as he can be, but certainly has shown he can be a valuable member of this team. Besides, is anyone certain at this point that Priest will be back to normal next year after another knee operation?

Captain Obvious 12-25-2004 09:34 PM

I actually had the chance to talk to Priest at the game. He came out in the tunnel with his 2 sons and tried to watch the game. He was standing pretty much right below me, so I gave him a play by play. Unfortunately it was the 2nd play of the game(the interception). I asked him how his knee was and he said he's starting to feel a lot better. I also asked him if he's ready to get the Chiefs a ring next year and he just gave me a big smile and said, "Oh yeah."

Very classy guy, and it's good to know that he is looking forward to next year already.

Deberg_1990 12-25-2004 09:35 PM

I thought LJ played pretty well tonight. He ran hard on his 2 TD's runs, caught a couple of nice passes from Trent and made a couple of decent blocks as well. Hes going to be a good one. I can feel it.