ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Discovery Channel “Dooms Day Tech” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107348)

R&GHomer 12-28-2004 09:36 PM

Discovery Channel “Dooms Day Tech”

That’s the last time I watch Discovery’s “Dooms Day Tech”

One topic of the last episode was “bio engineered” dooms day viruses. They purpose; the Soviet Union actually had a 300 gallon bio reactor full of Monkey blood kept at normal body temperature and then introduced to the small pox virus. Hence, the perfect breeding ground for small pox. They go on to state that this facility made 1000’s of gallons of this stuff, and actually developed an ICBM capable of delivering 6 40lb independent aerosol warheads.

WTF…. I sure wish Man kind would spend 1/1000 the effort finding a cure for cancer or world hunger as they do on how to kill each other.

Rain Man 12-28-2004 10:33 PM

That's a disturbingly large amount of monkey blood.

R&GHomer 12-28-2004 11:41 PM

Opposed too a gallon?

What really disturbs me about this; is the fact that they “the soviet union” reintroduced a virus that penicillin and the global scientific community had eradicated from the face of the planet.

What kind of mind comes up with the Idea to create such a thing? I wouldn’t be able to create French toast on my own. Let alone come up with a way to kill millions.

Rausch 12-28-2004 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&GHomer
Opposed too a gallon?

What really disturbs me about this; is the fact that they “the soviet union” reintroduced a virus that penicillin and the global scientific community had eradicated from the face of the planet.

And what's worse is it's pretty much the only disease we've managed to erradicate...

Quote:

What kind of mind comes up with the Idea to create such a thing? I wouldn’t be able to create French toast on my own. Let alone come up with a way to kill millions.

Bull$#it. Give me the power to kill millions and I'll come with all kinds of creative ways to do it...

Miles 12-29-2004 12:01 AM

They are reairing it right now if anyone is interested.

Rausch 12-29-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Teg
They are reairing it right now if anyone is interested.

Wait...I though Discovery had become the Science Channel... :hmmm:

Miles 12-29-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Wait...I though Discovery had become the Science Channel... :hmmm:

I think the thread title is wrong. Its on the history channel.

Rausch 12-29-2004 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Teg
I think the thread title is wrong. Its on the history channel.

:thumb:

Valiant 12-29-2004 01:36 AM

Quote:

That’s the last time I watch Discovery’s “Dooms Day Tech”

One topic of the last episode was “bio engineered” dooms day viruses. They purpose; the Soviet Union actually had a 300 gallon bio reactor full of Monkey blood kept at normal body temperature and then introduced to the small pox virus. Hence, the perfect breeding ground for small pox. They go on to state that this facility made 1000’s of gallons of this stuff, and actually developed an ICBM capable of delivering 6 40lb independent aerosol warheads.

WTF…. I sure wish Man kind would spend 1/1000 the effort finding a cure for cancer or world hunger as they do on how to kill each other.

Why find a cure to help overpopulate the earth... Good way to keep third world countries from overpopulating past thier means just look at madagascar(sp?)

Skip Towne 12-29-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
And what's worse is it's pretty much the only disease we've managed to erradicate...

Bull$#it. Give me the power to kill millions and I'll come with all kinds of creative ways to do it...

Hasn't polio been wiped out?

htismaqe 12-29-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Opposed too a gallon?

There is no "cure" for smallpox.

Penicillin is an anti-biotic -- it kills BACTERIA.

Smallpox is a virus. It's never been eradicated, we've just reduced the occurences to near zero through immunization.

tyton75 12-29-2004 11:31 AM

I saw that show last night too..

that was seriously F@#$#d Up... said they made enough of the stuff to kill 100's of Millions of people

geez.. Overkill?!?

htismaqe 12-29-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75
I saw that show last night too..

that was seriously F@#$#d Up... said they made enough of the stuff to kill 100's of Millions of people

geez.. Overkill?!?

Overkill? STUPID

Why make hundreds of tons of the material when it only takes ONE VIRUS to wipe out the world's population.

That's why bioterrorism is so scary -- it doesn't take a world super power to deliver death and destruction to millions of people. One 60cc vial of smallpox virus could wipe out a country like China in a few days...