ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I never knew of the Nixon assasination attempt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109212)

C-Mac 01-28-2005 12:32 AM

I never knew of the Nixon assasination attempt

I was watching the History channel about the Nixon assasination attempt. This was an amazing story and I'm very surprised there wasnt a movie made about it. An erie prelude\parallel to 9-11.

Rausch 01-28-2005 12:39 AM

:spock:

C-Mac 01-28-2005 12:57 AM

I thought maybe I was the only person that never knew about this attemt.

A manic depressant guy from Pennsylvania plotted to hijack a plane and fly it into the Whitehouse. He was going to shoot the pilots after the plane took off and then fly it himself into the target. He darn near pulled it off. If it werent for the stalling stewardess it would have happened.
He killed a guard at the airport them forced his way down the boarding ramp and intered the plane. He threatened the head stewardess then went to the cockpit and told them to take off now. He shot the co-pilot when he said he couldnt leave without clearance. Then the pilot tried to take his gun and ended up getting shot himself but was still alive. The stewardess then acted like the door was hanging up to stall for time and he demanded another stewardess to help close the door. At the last second as the door closed another securty personel had grabbed the gun from the dead security guard and shot him twice thru the door window. As he lay on the floor he shot himself in the head. He was still barely alive when security finally entered the plane. As they are working on him they notice a suitcase that had a bomb in it. One brave policeman grabbed it and ran out on the runway to a safe distance. The catch was that the Secret Service had questioned this guy 4 different times prior to this.
Awesome story!

SBK 01-28-2005 04:31 AM

News to me too. Then again Im only 25.

Ultra Peanut 01-28-2005 05:06 AM

I bet a video game made him do it.

teedubya 01-28-2005 05:47 AM

i bet when Beavis gets old... he will look like your avatar, C-Mac.

a huh-huh...yeah yeah

HemiEd 01-28-2005 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psicosis
I bet a video game made him do it.

ROFL ROFL ROFL , that is funny!

Baby Lee 01-28-2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Mac
This was an amazing story and I'm very surprised there wasnt a movie made about it.

That was tongue in cheek, right?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...501130304/1023

Penn's new movie opening is probably why the History Channel aired this.

C-Mac 01-28-2005 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
That was tongue in cheek, right?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...501130304/1023

Penn's new movie opening is probably why the History Channel aired this.

Just like the assasination attempt, I knew nothing about the movie either! I guess I called that one, I bet it will do good at the box office, its an incredible chain of events. I guess because of this attempt new rules were put in place at airports like moving the metal detectors away from the boarding area's. I see that Sean Penn plays the guy, but he really looked more like the actor the history channel used for reinactments, a short stalky guy.

beavis 01-28-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
i bet when Beavis gets old... he will look like your avatar, C-Mac.

a huh-huh...yeah yeah

I don't look anything like that guy.

Hoover 01-28-2005 09:40 AM

Everyone wanted Nixon dead.

C-Mac 01-28-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
Everyone wanted Nixon dead.

Its always first come first serve!

Skip Towne 01-28-2005 09:48 AM

I saw that on the History channel as well. I didn't know anything about it either and that was back when I paid attention to politics. They kept it quiet very well.

C-Mac 01-28-2005 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I saw that on the History channel as well. I didn't know anything about it either and that was back when I paid attention to politics. They kept it quiet very well.

Thats what I was thinking too. Only thing else I could think of was that there was, perhaps the first, huge gas shortage going on at that time that could have stole the attention. They showed newspaper headlines of the attempt though.

go bo 01-28-2005 12:39 PM

i remember the nixon years, but i sure don't recall anything about this assassination attempt...

what was it that condi rice said about 9/11? something about who would ever imagine that people would take planes and fly them into buildings?

apparently this guy did and the secret service obviously knew about his plan... and that was how many years ago?

the federal government is finally making an effort to share information between agencies, which might have helped in the assessment of terrorist risks and the development of security measures to deal with those risks...

better security measures might have even prevented the 9/11 attacks using planes...

of course, the terrorists would probably have found another way to attack us...