ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   IF we sign Hartwell, do we go 3-4 or 'Falcon'? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111862)

Mr. Kotter 03-08-2005 11:46 PM

IF we sign Hartwell, do we go 3-4 or 'Falcon'?

IF they are really still persuing Hartwell....I have a sneaking suspicion that Gun may put some combination of Bell/Hartwell/Mitchell/Beisel in the middle, with Fujita/Beisel/Bell/Fox as the OLBs or "Falcon"....

Personally, for me....a Fujita/Bell/Mitchell/Hartwell lineup would be intriguing.

Thoughts???

Chiefs Pantalones 03-08-2005 11:47 PM

This is the Chiefs we're talking about, they are done with signing LBs now. What do you think this is, a winning organization or something?

tk13 03-08-2005 11:49 PM

Sign Hartwell and draft Derrick Johnson, go to a 4-4 defense, and kill the QB! :)

Mr. Kotter 03-08-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special Ed
This is the Chiefs we're talking about, they are done with signing LBs now. What do you think this is, a winning organization or something?

Damn, I hope you are wrong. But your skepticism is certainly understandable....what IF they sign Hartwell though; what do you see? :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones 03-08-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Damn, I hope you are wrong. But your skepticism is certainly understandable....what IF they sign Hartwell though; what do you see? :hmmm:

They won't.

Mr. Kotter 03-08-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Sign Hartwell and draft Derrick Johnson, go to a 4-4 defense, and kill the QB! :)

Hell, yeah; we could even drop Hartwell into coverage if we "had" too...heh.

(Hey, it WOULD work in HS....heh, heh.) :)

Chan93lx50 03-08-2005 11:52 PM

My opinion is put the best damn talent on the field at a given time!

I also agree with Ed, we are done signing LB's..........

Logical 03-08-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

IF they are really still persuing Hartwell....I have a sneaking suspicion that Gun may put some combination of Bell/Hartwell/Mitchell/Beisel in the middle, with Fujita/Beisel/Bell/Fox as the OLBs or "Falcon"....

Personally, for me....a Fujita/Bell/Mitchell/Hartwell lineup would be intriguing.

Thoughts???

That would be one weird linebacker group 1 true OLB and 3 ILBs. I think they would short range pass us to death. They woulld just never be able to run except at Mitchell.

Mr. Kotter 03-08-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chan93lx50
My opinion is put the best damn talent on the field at a given time!

I tend to agree with Ed, we are done signing LB's

No, no, no! :banghead:

Chan93lx50 03-08-2005 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
That would be one weird linebacker group 1 true OLB and 3 ILBs. I think they would short range pass us to death. They woulld just never be able to run except at Mitchell.

Ha ha, I guess that would be one way to shore up our run D

Delano 03-08-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

....what IF they sign Hartwell though; what do you see?

That isn't going to happen. Carl already said the front office is moving on in his press conference regarding the Bell signing.

Quote:

Q: Does this end your pursuit for free agent linebackers?

PETERSON: “We will turn our attention to another defensive position of need. We were negotiating at the same time with (LB) Ed Hartwell. But this negotiation with Todd France has been going on for a week. I got comfortable with where we were able to negotiate this deal. We pulled the trigger on it, on a seven-year deal.”
I forsee a lot of Kawika Mitchell next year, like it or not. They will move Bell around if he stays healthy and bring Mitchell in during certain situations.

Mr. Kotter 03-08-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav

You really think so? I have a buddy who is a Steeler's die-hard....his take on Bell? That, when healthy....he is a stud. (Duh!)

What was interesting is, he said that actually he is pretty decent in coverage--pickin' up the flats, the "seam" routes, and helpin' on the TE. He actually showed me a couple of game films from 2002 where Bell did look good in that role..... :hmmm:

I'm really just thinkin' out loud, here.

Mr. Kotter 03-08-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
That isn't going to happen. Carl already said the front office is moving on in his press conference regarding the Bell signing.

[QUOTE[Q: Does this end your pursuit for free agent linebackers?

PETERSON: “We will turn our attention to another defensive position of need. We were negotiating at the same time with (LB) Ed Hartwell. But this negotiation with Todd France has been going on for a week. I got comfortable with where we were able to negotiate this deal. We pulled the trigger on it, on a seven-year deal."

I forsee a lot of Kawika Mitchell next year, like it or not. They will move Bell around if he stays healthy and bring Mitchell in during certain situations.

Thanks for the quote; that does seem to close that door....although I've read at least three or four places, we ARE still in the Hartwell hunt. :shrug:

Wallcrawler 03-08-2005 11:58 PM

Carl said in one of the press conferences that with LB Bell signed, that they would focus on another need on defense. Im guessing that means either the cornerback or safety position.

I highly doubt we see them pursue Ed Hartwell any further, considering the 10 m signing bonus he is wanting.

Delano 03-08-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stinger
Carl said in one of the press conferences that with LB Bell signed, that they would focus on another need on defense. Im guessing that means either the cornerback or safety position.

I highly doubt we see them pursue Ed Hartwell any further, considering the 10 m signing bonus he is wanting.

Umm, yeah.. pretty much.