ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Knight over Sharper? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112027)

melbar 03-11-2005 02:41 AM

Knight over Sharper?

Not to put a damper on the new signing , but I would have loved to see Sharper in a Chiefs uniform. You cant tell me they didnt know he was about to be released. They couldnt have waited an extra day? Top 3 Safety or top 10 safety ? What would you choose?

Pants 03-11-2005 02:43 AM

I'm liking Knight more and more. He'll be a machine out there. He'll instill fear into bundle of stickss like Randy and Rob.

teedubya 03-11-2005 02:43 AM

Sharper is going to the Falcons... mark it down.

easymobee 03-11-2005 02:44 AM

Sammy Knight is NO WHERE near being a top 10 safety.

More like top 32 ......

On the other hand .... Sharper is a top 5 safety.

Good Call.

booger 03-11-2005 02:45 AM

I understand where you are coming from and do agree. The main thing though is the money. More than likely with Shaper being released they may have talked with his agent or had at least a ballpark guess as to how much he wanted and will likely get.

Woods and Wesley got six year deals last year. One most likely will get cut (woods) and still cost us some dead cap space. I think we should just be lucky enough with the Knight signing. JMO

Nightfyre 03-11-2005 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger
I understand where you are coming from and do agree. The main thing though is the money. More than likely with Shaper being released they may have talked with his agent or had at least a ballpark guess as to how much he wanted and will likely get.

Woods and Wesley got six year deals last year. One most likely will get cut (woods) and still cost us some dead cap space. I think we should just be lucky enough with the Knight signing. JMO

I just look at Knights stats and am amazed. Really a safety with 100 tackles consistently and 3-5 ints consistently. I think he'll end up being an impact player. I'm looking into my crystal ball and calling it. Like Phob-stradamus. Only Night-stradamus doesnt work as well.

keg in kc 03-11-2005 02:51 AM

I find myself strangely ambivalent.

teedubya 03-11-2005 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre
Like Phob-stradamus. Only Night-stradamus doesnt work as well.

Actually Nightstradamus works best... You could say Phobstradumbass though.

Nightfyre 03-11-2005 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I find myself strangely ambivalent.

Hey now, you're treading on my "ambivalence" turf. But I am glad we picked him up.

tk13 03-11-2005 02:53 AM

I don't know, Miami had the 2nd best pass defense in the league last year, he couldn't have lost that much of a step could he? Miami's secondary allowed 162 passing yards a game, the Chiefs allowed 262. Granted I never got to watch Miami much because they were never on TV but Knight still had to be playing pretty well eh?

keg in kc 03-11-2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre
Hey now, you're treading on my "ambivalence" turf. But I am glad we picked him up.

Ambivalence was my turf looooooooong before you came along, bucko.

Nightfyre 03-11-2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Ambivalence was my turf looooooooong before you came along, bucko.

How long ago did you jump on the ambivalence turf?

Hammock Parties 03-11-2005 02:55 AM

Yeah, and Green Bay had one of the WORST secondaries.

I have no problem with Knight over Sharper. Easymobee is a ****.

keg in kc 03-11-2005 02:55 AM

I've given a shit about nothing for 31 years.

Nightfyre 03-11-2005 02:56 AM

Quote:

I've given a shit about nothing for 31 years.

Well, I jumped on this one about 4-5 years ago when I was 15. I'll catch up someday.