ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where did your user name come from? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=11212)

Go Chiefs 12-08-2000 02:36 PM

This came from Brickys response on another thread.

Mine is Wis for Wisconsin and Chief for Chiefs.

I definately win the most original!!! :D<BR>

Gracie Dean 12-08-2000 02:39 PM

While in the 2nd grade, I played football with all the 3rd graders at recess. One of them tagged me with the name Kloster Phobia thinking it would hurt my feelings. I'm certain none of us knew what Claustro Phobia was at the time but the name has stuck and I kinda like it. It's my online name just about everywhere....<P>

Phobia 12-08-2000 02:40 PM

When I was in elementary school, one of the girls in my Kindergarten class started calling me 'Tidy Bowl man' and that was really the only nickname I ever had.

I didnt think that would be a great one for this BB, so I stuck with my last name as that's what my old Soccer coaches used to call me.<P>

karob 12-08-2000 02:41 PM

I'll add my $.02 worth.

Never had a nickname, but my grandfather's was Bricky, so I have taken his. His last name (the same as mine, odd how that works) was a very long German name that many find hard to pronounce, so it got shortened to Bricky.

Pretty useless story, really

ROBHONDA 12-08-2000 02:44 PM

my user name simply came from my name. i dont think my nickname would be acceptable for the bb.
sec<BR>

DoktorSmith 12-08-2000 02:44 PM

Gaz is short for Gazaway.

Back in school, "Spazaway" was the natural evolution. Kids are so clever...

xoxo~
gaz
contemplating a high-dollar "mental anguish" lawsuit.<BR>

milkman 12-08-2000 02:45 PM

Ewww nicknames... Some of my more popular, The Jesus-Vampire and morphine. My first email name in college was morphine@...edu. It was odd how that caught on and people would start calling me that in the hall ways and the computer labs, some really odd looks, but fits my laid back personality pretty well. After confusing to many people that thought it meant I might be a drug addict I changed to morphius.

TEX 12-08-2000 02:45 PM

During college I worked for a contractor in Colorado building houses in the mountains(one was for dick cheney's daughter, nice gal)....he had off the wall names for everything..hillarious guy...ex.a person with a large butt was refered to as "Thunder Toilets".....I had different "sayings" like pop vs soda equivilents....whenever I did something different than they did...he would say..."forgive him, he is Iowanian"...or something to that effect.

Buzzbait 12-08-2000 02:48 PM

Mine is my real name... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Go Chiefs 12-08-2000 02:53 PM

About as original as mine - huh Joe? :rolleyes:

redshirt32 12-08-2000 02:53 PM

Mine came from getting kicked off the KCBB so darn many times for being: a) politically incorrect, b) a jerk, c) a pest, d) an irritant, e) bathroom bowl cleanser.

So I figured I'd be a pesky fly on the wall and never go away...<BR>

Idahojim 12-08-2000 02:55 PM

Mine...1st name,1st letter of last and the yr I graduated from High school.

Same name on all BB's.

TEX 12-08-2000 02:55 PM

In Tim Allen's book, he actually blames his personality on his name...His given name is Tim Alan Dick...kids called him tin dick, thin dick, skin dick, etc...he said he learned to joke about it and therefor shaped his personality as a defensive mechanism...

I can very much relate...my given name is..well, we won't get into that.

Coogs 12-08-2000 03:00 PM

Mine stands for "smell the people".

My roommate when I was down at SMSU was talking in her sleep one night and was saying "smell the people" over and over. I asked her in the morning what she was dreaming about, but she couldn't remember. We thought it was a funny saying, so it became like our mantra. We'd say it all the time and were even going to start a band called that, but my lack of talent in instruments or singing ended that.

--Shannon--

HC_Chief 12-08-2000 03:03 PM

Larry Davis for Kansas City

Astounding, huh? LD for KC