ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I will take my shot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112457)

Wile_E_Coyote 03-17-2005 01:29 PM

I will take my shot

why not. Kevin Johnson will not leave KC without a signed contract. He is the only WR, I have read about over the last few months, that the Chiefs are interested in.

-he is in town today isn't he?

Mr. Flopnuts 03-17-2005 01:33 PM

I agree wholeheartedly we tried to trade for him once already, and I believe he would fit right in with our squad

Eleazar 03-17-2005 01:34 PM

I agree, he's the next Webster Slaughter.

Mr. Kotter 03-17-2005 01:56 PM

For the right price, he'd be worth a look...

Hoover 03-17-2005 02:01 PM

As long as it does not prevent us from getting Law or Surtain I say go for it.

tyton75 03-17-2005 02:11 PM

yeah.. what Hoover said!

DenverChief 03-17-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote

-he is in town today isn't he?

nope but according to KFFL Alex Bannister is

RINGLEADER 03-17-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
As long as it does not prevent us from getting Law or Surtain I say go for it.

:thumb:

Although I do worry a bit about how long it seems to take WRs to learn this system. Look at Derrick Alexander's drop-off or Johnny Morton's when he first arrived. I still have high hopes for Borigter and Sammy Parker this year.

el borracho 03-17-2005 03:54 PM

I will take my shot

I will take my shot, too. :toast:

Wile_E_Coyote 03-17-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
nope but according to KFFL Alex Bannister is

according to Teicher there was 3 FAs at Arrowhead today & 1 that was supposed to be but for one reason or another wasn't there today.

Teicher also said Hartwell was out of the picture when Bell was signed & that Hartwell didn't turn down a lucrative offer from the Chiefs as has been reported

Wile_E_Coyote 03-17-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER
:thumb:

Although I do worry a bit about how long it seems to take WRs to learn this system. Look at Derrick Alexander's drop-off or Johnny Morton's when he first arrived. I still have high hopes for Borigter and Sammy Parker this year.

I see Johnson as someone for Parker & Boerigter to fight for Morton's spot. And encase they don't have the second rouder to take a WR with they will have filled that spot on the cheap(or so I assume)

philfree 03-17-2005 05:30 PM

Johnson seems to be a little flakey and I worry about that a little. We don't need no flakes messing the chemistry of our offense. I don't know that he'd be an upgrade over Johnny Morton or just a younger version of the same thing. Actually Morton probably has more savy then Johnson but Johnson still has the speed :shrug: I ain't sure what to think about this situation.

PhilFree :arrow:

Deberg_1990 03-17-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I agree, he's the next Webster Slaughter.

Nope, hes the next Eddie Kennison or Johnny Morton!!

Logical 03-17-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
Johnson seems to be a little flakey and I worry about that a little. We don't need no flakes messing the chemistry of our offense. I don't know that he'd be an upgrade over Johnny Morton or just a younger version of the same thing. Actually Morton probably has more savy then Johnson but Johnson still has the speed :shrug: I ain't sure what to think about this situation.

PhilFree :arrow:

I would say Morton is easily as flakey as Johnson but the rest of your point has merit.