ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU THRASHED by BUCKNELL! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112574)

Bootlegged 03-19-2005 06:16 AM

KU THRASHED by BUCKNELL!

Just in case you KU boys missed it....

ROFL ROFL ROFL

kc1977 03-19-2005 06:47 AM

Yes indeed, it is a beautiful morning..in fact, it's been a beautiful few days.

On Thursday, ol' Marky McGwire embarasses himself for the scumbags he and all of the Cardinal organization are. Just a sleazy organization all around, with the big sleaze McGwire heading the way.

And now the Jayhawks exposing themselves for the sleazy, classless organization they are. Not even shaking hands? That's just great. Man, I thought that there'd be nothing better than ol' Roy knocking the Jayhawks out this year. Wrong.

The Cardinals and Jayhawks - the two sleaziest organizations out there being exposed for what they are the last 2 days.

Yep, it's a beautiful morning indeed.

BigRedChief 03-19-2005 07:06 AM

I tell you the Kansas players not shaking hands after the game was the poorest display of sportsmanship that I've seen in college athletics in a while.

Eleazar 03-19-2005 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
I tell you the Kansas players not shaking hands after the game was the poorest display of sportsmanship that I've seen in college athletics in a while.

I missed that - that is indeed very poor of them.

Saulbadguy 03-19-2005 07:39 AM

I just saw the video of the final minutes. I didn't get to stay up and watch it (GF was here, she hates KU). The Bucknell players were in the center of the court dancing and celebrating. What were the KU players supposed to do, wait for them?

Eleazar 03-19-2005 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I just saw the video of the final minutes. I didn't get to stay up and watch it (GF was here, she hates KU). The Bucknell players were in the center of the court dancing and celebrating. What were the KU players supposed to do, wait for them?

Check out Whitlock's article.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112572

Saulbadguy 03-19-2005 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise

Pretty dissapointing. I didn't get to see it, so i'll have to take Quitlocks word on it.

NaptownChief 03-19-2005 08:12 AM

I actually missed it....Figured no chance they could lose that game even though the AD was unable to get it scheduled at home.

Wow, what an embarrassment. I'm guessing Illinois is glad that Self decided to leave and allow Bruce Webber to come in.

But for all you die hard Jayhawk fans that are drowning in your bowl of Rock Chalk cereal just remember no matter how bad you think it is just remember you could have Mike Davis running your program.

KCWolfman 03-19-2005 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief
I actually missed it....Figured no chance they could lose that game even though the AD was unable to get it scheduled at home.

Wow, what an embarrassment. I'm guessing Illinois is glad that Self decided to leave and allow Bruce Webber to come in.

But for all you die hard Jayhawk fans that are drowning in your bowl of Rock Chalk cereal just remember no matter how bad you think it is just remember you could have Mike Davis running your program.

Dammit. May Mike Davis slip and crack his skull before next season begins.

eazyb81 03-19-2005 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief

No shaking hands and not going to the postgame interview was pretty classless. KU players showed their true character in that loss. Pretty weak...

beavis 03-19-2005 08:37 AM

It couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys.

NaptownChief 03-19-2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Dammit. May Mike Davis slip and crack his skull before next season begins.

I have a real good feeling that Rick Greenspan(New AD) won't put up with this garbage any longer...I have a hunch he will can him in the next week or so.

KCWolfman 03-19-2005 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief
I have a real good feeling that Rick Greenspan(New AD) won't put up with this garbage any longer...I have a hunch he will can him in the next week or so.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it matters if you yell at kids.

gblowfish 03-19-2005 08:42 AM

Gooooood Morning Chiefs Planet. I am in love with life.

I know it's been said that one should not revel in the misery of others. But as one of the few Mizzou fans on this board, all I can tell you is I had one of my best days in a long long time yesterday.
Here is the breakdown on my day:
1) Took the day off work, met 3 good freinds for breakfast.
2) Went to the NAIA at the Muni downtown to watch hoops all day.
3) Had a great dinner and drinks at Manny's on the Boulevard.
4) Went to see Paul Thorn -a great musician- at Knuckleheads Bar
5) Right after the Thorn show the bar put on the last two minutes of the KU game, and KU had the worst first round meltdown since Mizzou lost to Northern Iowa!

Here I am, sitting in a Missouri bar in the east bottoms, and all these Volvo driving Johnson County poopstains are acting like a gaggle of Florida Democrats demanding a re-count! "It's not possible....it's not possible. The official scorer must have missed someting. Let's make it two out of three!"

Oh yes, Dorothy, It's not only possible, it is reality. You just got UTEPed on AGAIN!!! The horror...the horror...

And whoda thunk it that Bill "Can't Help My" Self would end the year in deeper doo doo than Quinny the Pooh? Weather radar shows a huge swatch of tears building in a line from Wichita to Lawrence to Leawood....and when they're cryin in Kansas, Spring is most certainly here.

Yes, I have become a sports pessimist. Living and dying with Mizzou, KC Royals and KC Chiefs for 40 years will do that to you. Talk about the unholy trinity of sports frustration. But at least Mizzou fans never whine that our team "didn't win by enough." And before you wag a finger at Mizzou fans for reveling in your misery, how many of you will be hoping Roy and his "kids" go down in flames? It's OK to root against Roy...you just have to have enough "want to."

I'll tell you one thing, though. If the Tar Heels lose, at least they'll have enough class to shake hands with their opponent afterward. Such acts are what build KU's reputation. Know what I mean?

eazyb81 03-19-2005 08:45 AM

I heard the WalMart in Lawrence sold out of wine coolers, rope, and bullets last night.