ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFT: Prayer Request for my daughter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113747)

Old Dog 04-07-2005 10:48 AM

NFT: Prayer Request for my daughter

I know few look at these and maybe even fewer care, but I figure it absolutely can't hurt so here goes:
My 16yo daughter, Casey (named for KC) is currently in Childrens Mercy in KC with some sort of amnesia and the doctors there have yet to figure out a cause or cure. She's normally an honors student, but as of now can't read the sentence "I can close my eyes" and follow those directions. The only person she recognizes is her mother and she doesn't even know her name other than "Mom". Other than that she recognizes only pictures of her dog, Dixie. When I called to speak to her yesterday (I'm currently in Iraq, as some may know) and my wife said that her Dad was on the phone for her, her response was "I have a Daddy?" When she took the phone, it was as though I was talking to her when she was a three year old. For the first time in a long time, I am absolutely terrified of teh unknown. I just want my baby well again and to be able to hear the brightness in her voice without being able to sense the fear in her voice.
Thank you for allowing me to vent in a forum that I realize might not be exactly the place for it.

Iowanian 04-07-2005 10:50 AM

Thats rough at home, let alone where you're at.

Absolutely.

Iron Chef 04-07-2005 10:53 AM

Done.

Vegas_Dave 04-07-2005 10:53 AM

You, your daughter and your entire family will be in my family's prayers... for many reasons. God can heal all.

ChiTown 04-07-2005 10:53 AM

Man, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through being away from home with that going on. You have our best wishes and our prayers. Get home safe,

Chi

Phobia 04-07-2005 10:54 AM

Wow. That has to be rough. Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to come back for this hardship. Please keep us updated.

BIG_DADDY 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

You got it man. Take care of yourself over there.

morphius 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

Wow! Sounds pretty scarry man, I will definitly add her to our prayers. Childrens Mercy is a pretty decent place, I hope they can figure out something soon and that she is okay.

Hope you make it back soon and healthy as well!

Chiefnj 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your daughter and your return to her.

Coach 04-07-2005 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear truebigdog. :( Might I ask how she developed it? If it's too sensitive to talk about it, I understand and respect that.

My prayers are with you and hope you get to come home ASAP.

chiefs4me 04-07-2005 10:57 AM

My gosh.....I am very sorry to hear this. Are they gonna let you have an emergency leave? When I was in the service it was sop. Your daughter is in my prayers along with you and your family. Please keep us updated if you can. God Bless You

stevieray 04-07-2005 10:57 AM

You bet...hang in there.

Iowanian 04-07-2005 10:58 AM

Contact the RedCross and apply for the Hardship medical. I'd hope that qualified for emergency leave.

alpha_omega 04-07-2005 11:01 AM

Done!

Radar Chief 04-07-2005 11:04 AM

You got it.