ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How have the Raiders done in their pre-draft dealings? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114603)

cmh6476 04-21-2005 09:32 AM

How have the Raiders done in their pre-draft dealings?

try not to let your raider hatred bias your thoughts :(

This is I think the cumulative:

Quote:

received:
Randy Moss
pick 1.26
pick 3.14 (78 overall)
pick 7.26 (240 overall)

dealt:
Philip Buchanon
Napoleon Harris
Doug Jolley
pick 1.07
pick 7.05 (219 overall)
pick 6.38 (212 overall)
pick 6.40 (214 overall)
If this were your team that has made these moves, would you consider them a success or a failure?

I got this from here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/i...owtopic=120222

Brock 04-21-2005 09:34 AM

Having Randy Moss on your team isn't always a plus. I think I would have just stayed at the 7 spot.

cmh6476 04-21-2005 09:35 AM

I guess they got a 2nd from the texans for buchanon wwhich they traded to the jets for the first (along with jolley) which is why the 2nd was left completely off? :shrug:

cmh6476 04-21-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Having Randy Moss on your team isn't always a plus. I think I would have just stayed at the 7 spot.

being a chiefs fan, I think we'd be better off with Harris and Buchanan than Moss. Of course, our defense isn't the greatest either...

Brock 04-21-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476
being a chiefs fan, I think we'd be better off with Harris and Buchanan than Moss. Of course, our defense isn't the greatest either...

The raiders d is not very good either. They likely could have grabbed derrick Johnson or another big time player for their defense.

I'm pretty ambivalent about what they've done, I guess.

jspchief 04-21-2005 09:42 AM

I'd say you did pretty good, if you ignore what your team needs were going into the off-season.

A team that is so bad on the defensive side of the ball, not only getting rid of defensive talent, but being aggressive in aquiring offensive talent.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense for the Raiders.

Mark M 04-21-2005 09:47 AM

It'd make more sense had they gotten some defensive help. Instead they traded for an incredible WR with issues, and traded away a solid #2 CB, a LB and the 7th overall pick.

The Chiefs defense sucks ass to be sure, but the Faiders gave up more points and more rushing yards. One would think they'd have adressed those issues.

Thankfully, they have not.

MM
~~:D

King_Chief_Fan 04-21-2005 10:38 AM

I would have to say that they performed like Chief wanna be's.
Got some good O help, lignoredt the D.

Rain Man 04-21-2005 10:42 AM

If cmh6476 is correct that there should be a second round pick for the Raiduhs in there, then it makes a difference. As it stands, it actually doesn't look like they made out very well overall, even with the Jolley ripoff trade.

Spicy McHaggis 04-21-2005 10:48 AM

They got a great deal from the Jets but I wouldn't have done the Moss deal.

tyton75 04-21-2005 10:50 AM

in my estimation.. The Raiders are just throwing their team away... granted.. Moss is great.. but they could have had a great, younger reciever with that pick... they have given up a LOT and recieved little in return

nmt1 04-21-2005 10:50 AM

I don't like it. They got a malcontent who can't be counted on. Moss' upside is tremendous and they're likely to reap some of the rewards but he'll likely have a negative impact in the locker room. A negative impact on a team that already had/has locker room chemistry problems.
Another reason not to like it is now they have a total of three picks in the entire draft. Most everyone will agree that the way to build a team is through the draft. I'd like to have more picks than that even if I sucked at drafting good players.
Just my opinion.

Spicy McHaggis 04-21-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75
in my estimation.. The Raiders are just throwing their team away... granted.. Moss is great.. but they could have had a great, younger reciever with that pick... they have given up a LOT and recieved little in return

If they had made the Buchanon and Jolley trade but kept the 7th it would have been a very viable option to move up for Edwards.

keg in kc 04-21-2005 10:54 AM

They've done well in terms of acquiring draft picks, but I don't believe they've done anything that will help them in the next couple of years. Randy Moss and LaMont Jordan may, and probably will, help them offensively. But they'll be fielding a team without a defense. We all know our issues on that side of the ball. The Raiders have been even worse. And, so far, to improve the unit, they've traded away two first round picks from '02.

Mr. Laz 04-21-2005 10:54 AM

i think they did a great job of doing the trades... they seemed to have gotten the better of each trade by a significant margin.

as for the team they are assembling and addressing specific team needs.... they haven't done very well at all. For each step forward they have taken a step backwards.