ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tomorrow's draft will be anti-climactic .... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114772)

Logical 04-22-2005 05:35 PM

Tomorrow's draft will be anti-climactic ....

after picking up Surtain today.

But I am also pretty laid back about it now. Carl has another bad day, oh well, he did the right thing with Surtain.

Still looking forward to the draft but with much less dread.

Cannibal 04-22-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
after picking up Surtain today.

But I am also pretty laid back about it now. Carl has another bad day, oh well, he did the right thing with Surtain.

Still looking forward to the draft but with much less dread.

That's probably a good way to look at it. Depsite the moves this offseason, Carl could just as easily draft another Trezelle tomorrow.

Logical 04-22-2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal
That's probably a good way to look at it. Depsite the moves this offseason, Carl could just as easily draft another Trezelle tomorrow.

Personally unless one of the top 3 CBs fall to us or DJ in a miracle I think going WR might be the safest 1st round choice given the talent level in this years WR class.

Pants 04-22-2005 05:46 PM

Right now I don't give a shit who CP drafts, I'm so fucking happy that we got Surtain. To me, CP did evrything he had to do ths off season, the draft is just going to be a bonus.

tk13 04-22-2005 05:48 PM

What if we draft a RB from Penn State? :)

Skip Towne 04-22-2005 05:49 PM

I really hate to see Jim laid back for the draft. That display he put on after the LJ pick will live in infamy.

Cannibal 04-22-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Personally unless one of the top 3 CBs fall to us or DJ in a miracle I think going WR might be the safest 1st round choice given the talent level in this years WR class.

Possibly, but I still think I'd go D and trade down if necessary. Now that Surtain is signed, the Chiefs have that luxury.

Sure-Oz 04-22-2005 05:58 PM

I think it's real possible we trade down to get a 2nd rounder back, if the players we want aren't there.

HemiEd 04-22-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

I would consider that an attempt to provoke! ROFL

stevieray 04-22-2005 06:07 PM

No way. I don't believe they stand pat. I think the first pick will set the tone. I won't mind if they go after a WR, but after the tags and media castigation the last few years, I think we're still going to make a strong push for Gun and his defense. Lamar just wrote a 14 million dollar check.

Grunny couldn't get Will to commit to coming back, so you never know...the only letdown would be potential picks.

I'm with cosmic, this offseason turned out a whole lot better than I anticipated. I'm just counting(hoping) on production or improvement from young players like Bo, Parker, Wilson, Wilkerson, Allen, Harts and Sapp, Battle and Fox.

I'm excited.

Cannibal 04-22-2005 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
Lamar just wrote a 14 million dollar check.

Just seeing that in print makes me do a double take.

morphius 04-22-2005 06:14 PM

Well, tomorrow should be dull. We get one pick, wait 5+hours for an end of third round pick.

Luckily it means I hav very little to watch tomorrow.

Cannibal 04-22-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Well, tomorrow should be dull. We get one pick, wait 5+hours for an end of third round pick.

Luckily it means I hav very little to watch tomorrow.

I'm going to watch it all. Unless I get bored and mow the lawn.

Skip Towne 04-22-2005 06:24 PM

Draft day is always boring for me. Except for a few minutes in the first two rounds.

Hammock Parties 04-22-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

Then he doesn't play for ****in' penn state no 'mo.