ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Well Denverchief could have been dead ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115194)

DenverChief 04-25-2005 08:30 PM

Well Denverchief could have been dead ...

right about now. I fell asleep last night on the couch and woke up with the worst headache this morning, it felt like a hangover in the 10th degree but I hadn't touched a drop of alcohol. I spent the rest of the day in and out of conciousness on the couch. about 5 pm I finally mustered the energy to go talk to my roommates whom hadn't left their rooms all day either. Well come to find out they have headaches too and are feeling sluggish as well. I decided I had better check the furnace and sure enough the pilot light had gone out and was spewing gas....it's been about an hour since the repair guy has been workin on the furnace and I feel much better now...I'm just kinda freaked out that I had been breathing in all that gas....

jcroft 04-25-2005 08:31 PM

Wow, that's scary. Glad you're okay.

Crush 04-25-2005 08:32 PM

That's scary. I'm glad that you're okay.

teedubya 04-25-2005 08:33 PM

Damn, thats scary... too bad you are okay.

jcroft 04-25-2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
Damn, thats scary... too bad you are okay.

ROFL

You irritable today? Take your meds? :D

Phobia 04-25-2005 08:36 PM

If that doesn't kill you, nothing will. You should take up smoking.

DenverChief 04-25-2005 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
If that doesn't kill you, nothing will. You should take up smoking.

I'm thinking the thing that saved us is that I run my DTV for the living room thru the sliding glass door and my roommates run thier cables thru their windows so they are always cracked open...otherwise I might have perished

Pants 04-25-2005 08:40 PM

Holy shit! Monoxide poisoning is a bitch. Didn't you guys smell the gas? Glad you're OK. Did any of the roommates die?

DenverChief 04-25-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Holy shit! Monoxide poisoning is a bitch. Didn't you guys smell the gas? Glad you're OK. Did any of the roommates die?

Actually I could smell it when I opened the door to the furnace closet...it was pretty powerful...and no no one died :)

Phobia 04-25-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief
Actually I could smell it when I opened the door to the furnace closet...it was pretty powerful...and no no one died :)

If your roommate dies and you violate him, does anybody care - like except for the mortician of course.

Skip Towne 04-25-2005 08:48 PM

You, sir have a faulty thermocouple. They operate on millivolts and require a steady flame (the pilot) to keep the gas valve open. If the pilot was out and the valve was still delivering gas, it is either the thermocouple or the valve. Both are cheaper than human life.

chop 04-25-2005 08:48 PM

I told you guys you should have put a magazine in the toaster but you never listen to me. No you said...just blow out the pilot light and it'll look like an accident. Now maybe you'll listen to me. :harumph:

Pants 04-25-2005 08:50 PM

LOL, group suicide didn't work out. There's always next time, DC.

Inspector 04-25-2005 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike

CO2 is a by product of the gas burning.

The gas could be deadly, but it would need to be burned to create carbon monoxide.

Either way, good thing all turned out OK.

Iowanian 04-25-2005 08:50 PM

Thats a likely excuse for the ether taste in their mouths. I'm sure you slipped the repair man a Thomas Jefferson to have him say that a sore rectum was a sure sign of a pilot light being out?!....

You're lucky it was just a light out.......I don't know that to be deadly..............CO, now that would have darwin'd you all.