ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why are the Seahawks so stupid? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119236)

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-09-2005 07:01 PM

Why are the Seahawks so stupid?

I don't understand why they won't make Shaun Alexander a long-term contract offer. Yes, I know they've put the franchise tag on him for this year but what is it about him that makes them seem so willing to piss him off and possibly lose him? He was second in the league in rushing last year, two pro-bowls and a td machine for them... and he's only 28. He has plenty of good production left.

He says he wants to stay in Seattle, he's the cornerstone of your offense and they don't act willing to do themselves a favor and lock up a great player at a key skill position just to save a little money for one year.... IF he even plays this year and isn't holding out.

I just don't get it.

Mile High Mania 07-09-2005 07:09 PM

I'm guessing that he's got an attitude wearing them out... remember the crying he did about falling a yard short of Martin for the rushing title last season? That screams of a "me" guy at a time they were headed to the playoffs.

Yeah, he's loaded with talent and I would think you have to pay him, but maybe they think Maurice Morris can be just as good in that system. I dunno.

They likely also thought they could get a sweet trade for him. I imagine it will get worked out.

RedThat 07-09-2005 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
I don't understand why they won't make Shaun Alexander a long-term contract offer. Yes, I know they've put the franchise tag on him for this year but what is it about him that makes them seem so willing to piss him off and possibly lose him? He was second in the league in rushing last year, two pro-bowls and a td machine for them... and he's only 28. He has plenty of good production left.

He says he wants to stay in Seattle, he's the cornerstone of your offense and they don't act willing to do themselves a favor and lock up a great player at a key skill position just to save a little money for one year.... IF he even plays this year and isn't holding out.

I just don't get it.

I agree with ya...i dont understand it either....it moves like these, that makes ya think why they havent won a playoff game in a while

the Talking Can 07-09-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
I'm guessing that he's got an attitude wearing them out... remember the crying he did about falling a yard short of Martin for the rushing title last season? That screams of a "me" guy at a time they were headed to the playoffs.

yeah, that was a bad scene...I really liked him as a player but that was ugly...

am I wrong in thinking that was the draft we took Sly Morris and Alexander slipped down to Seattle?

RedThat 07-09-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
yeah, that was a bad scene...I really liked him as a player but that was ugly...

am I wrong in thinking that was the draft we took Sly Morris and Alexander slipped down to Seattle?

you are correct sir...that was the draft, April 2000

Mile High Mania 07-09-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2000

Actually, KC took Sly 2 picks after Alexander...

Ron Dayne and Thomas Jones went ahead of him (as did Jamal Lewis).

Denver rocked out with Deltha O'Neal about 4 picks prior... granted, they were still hoping Davis could return. Oakland could have had Alexander, but they needed a kicker I guess.

the Talking Can 07-09-2005 07:32 PM

Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2000

Actually, KC took Sly 2 picks after Alexander...

Ron Dayne and Thomas Jones went ahead of him (as did Jamal Lewis).

Denver rocked out with Deltha O'Neal about 4 picks prior... granted, they were still hoping Davis could return. Oakland could have had Alexander, but they needed a kicker I guess.

ahhh, ok...now I remember hoping he would fall...

shit, you guys got Gold in the 2nd...we got Bartee....

SoCalBronco 07-09-2005 07:38 PM

Joe...thoughts?

Dr. Johnny Fever 07-09-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

I'd forgotten about that. I admit I'd be a bit pissed if I was him too. There is no call imo for them not letting him get that yard or two. I suppose he was due a bonus or something if he was the leading rusher. If that's the way the franchise is I'd just tell them to **** off.

RedThat 07-09-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Bartee was even projected to be drafted according to some scouts. Even if he was, he woulda been like a 6th or 7th rder. Apparently, the Chiefs really reached for him. I dont know what our FO was doing at the time before he was selected...They musta smoked some real heavy sh*t.

Ultra Peanut 07-09-2005 07:43 PM

Yeah, I remember really wishing we could get Alexander and being pissed when he went right before us.

As for Seattle, they seem to be quite high on MoMo.

the Talking Can 07-09-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
Bartee was even projected to be drafted according to some scouts. Even if he was, he woulda been like a 6th or 7th rder. Apparently, the Chiefs really reached for him. I dont know what our FO was doing at the time before he was selected...They musta smoked some real heavy sh*t.

maybe our worst draft pick ever, unless Sims never wakes up...but we got Wesley in the 3rd from a tiny school..that was a great pick

RedThat 07-09-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

they also got Kenoy Kennedy...Kennedy and Gold, not a bad 2nd rd draft for the Donks that year.

RedThat 07-09-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

maybe our worst draft pick ever, unless Sims never wakes up...but we got Wesley in the 3rd from a tiny school..that was a great pick

I agree. it ranks right up there as far as worst picks go. I think we have to consider Blackedge and Jenkins there for sure.

Wesley was a great pick, even since he came from a small school

DJay23 07-09-2005 08:38 PM

Seahawks, as birds, don't have large brains. Thus the stupidity.