ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Insomnia, who has it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119314)

chagrin 07-11-2005 08:46 AM

Insomnia, who has it?

Other than myself that is...

Going back as far as 1992, I have been waking up every night (morning) at the same time, unable to fall asleep again in most cases. When I can go to sleep, it takes two hours. By then, I have to wake up to get ready for work, etc. in 45 minutes to an hour if I'm lucky. I tried the night time tab's but I wake up way too tired and cannot function the next day.

Here's the thing that I think is weird. the time I wake up ALWAYS in the same 10 minute time frame - 3:30 - 3:40. This morning it was 3:38. It's been like this for over 10 years.
I am 35 and in relatively good health. I used to be a smoker, drug user. I quit everything and I had this problem in both "lifetimes".

Anybody else have this or a similar issue?

htismaqe 07-11-2005 08:51 AM

I have the opposite issue. I can't get out of bed in the mornings. I sleep so deeply that my kids can jump on me and scream at me and I won't wake up. I'm constantly tired during the day and have problems with falling asleep while performing menial tasks like DRIVING.

chagrin 07-11-2005 08:53 AM

narcolepsy?

Fire Me Boy! 07-11-2005 08:57 AM

I have both the Swedish version AND the American one.

Saulbadguy 07-11-2005 08:59 AM

I toss and turn quite a bit. I sleep on my stomach (can't sleep on my back at all), and I wake up when my arms fall asleep.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2005 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I have the opposite issue. I can't get out of bed in the mornings. I sleep so deeply that my kids can jump on me and scream at me and I won't wake up. I'm constantly tired during the day and have problems with falling asleep while performing menial tasks like DRIVING.

WTF. You don't have kids.

Unless you switched usernames with someone. BUSTED!

Ghostof 07-11-2005 09:02 AM

I go to bed around 2:30am and up at 6:30am.

Einstein required only 4 hours of sleep.

I have tried to sleep longer but when I do I get headaches. When I fall asleep earlier then I get up exactly four hours later and will be awake all night.

This has happened the last 5 years. I'm not a drug user, I dont smoke (which I am glad they passed the smoking ban now they need to regulate smoking outside at the workplace) and I am not a heavy drinker.

For the longest time I was required at least 8 hours of sleep.

chagrin 07-11-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I toss and turn quite a bit. I sleep on my stomach (can't sleep on my back at all), and I wake up when my arms fall asleep.

Do your arms fall asleep every night?

Both of my shoulders, they slip in and out of the socket all the time (day and night) and fall asleep when they are out of socket. I have to prop them up on pillows to sleep. I also cannot sleep on my back at all, breathing difficulty.

What solutions have any of you tried?

Saulbadguy 07-11-2005 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Do your arms fall asleep every night?

Both of my shoulders, they slip in and out of the socket all the time (day and night) and fall asleep when they are out of socket. I have to prop them up on pillows to sleep. I also cannot sleep on my back at all, breathing difficulty.

What solutions have any of you tried?

Pretty much, since I sleep with my arms kinda under my pillows. When I try to sleep on my back, I wake up and can barely move. Then my back is sore for a week. It sucks.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2005 09:12 AM

Sleep in the fetal position.

htismaqe 07-11-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
WTF. You don't have kids.

Unless you switched usernames with someone. BUSTED!

You haven't been paying attention.

I announced the birth of both of my children right here.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
You haven't been paying attention.

I announced the birth of both of my children right here.

I guess. This post threw me off:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...4&postcount=10

Fire Me Boy! 07-11-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
I have both the Swedish version AND the American one.

This apparently went over everybody's head...

chagrin 07-11-2005 09:20 AM

went over mine for sure, so I didn't give it a second thought...explain if ya want??

htismaqe 07-11-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs

ROFL

Red herring. Trying to throw the Senile One off...