ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   20 million dollars and a "Stop Doing" list. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119345)

|Zach| 07-11-2005 05:32 PM

20 million dollars and a "Stop Doing" list.

The 20/10 question asks what you would do if you received $20 million -- no strings attached -- but was also informed that you had only 10 years left to live. What would change? What would you do? And what would you stop doing?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...011681-8199345

Hammock Parties 07-11-2005 05:33 PM

Invent a machine to slow down time by a factor of 10.

I'd stop living in Texas. This state sucks ass.

|Zach| 07-11-2005 05:35 PM

You think 20 mil would get you a machine that can slow down time?

Ya.

Hammock Parties 07-11-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
You think 20 mil would get you a machine that can slow down time?

Ya.

That's too expensive. I'm not made of money.

Pants 07-11-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs

ROFL

el borracho 07-11-2005 05:48 PM

Travel the world; stop working.

jAZ 07-11-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs

Aren't you in college?

Why didn't you go to school out of state? Anywhere is better than there. Hell, even Louisana, New Mexico and Okahoma are better than Texas!

jAZ 07-11-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho

More than Travel the world... I would want to "live the world".

I'd want to actually live for at least a few months in each place. Long enough to get comfortable and hang out... get to know a few people in the area... learn a little language.

Traveling the world is great, but exhausting when you are actually just traveling (different hotels in each city, packing & unpacking, etc.)

Stinger 07-11-2005 05:59 PM

Buy a house in Kansas ... that would the longest 10 years of my life. :D

Simplex3 07-11-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
The 20/10 question asks what you would do if you received $20 million -- no strings attached -- but was also informed that you had only 10 years left to live. What would change? What would you do? And what would you stop doing?

Do I have EXACTLY 10 year or no more than 10 years? If it's no more than then I stop working that day and spend my days exercising, meditating, and spending time with my family.

If it's exactly 10 years then I will spend the first 5 years and $5M buildinig a business up so that my wife and kids can live off of the profits for the rest of their lives. Then the last 5 years I do the exercise, meditate, family thing.

HemiEd 07-11-2005 07:25 PM

Move on the water very near a golf course, play golf and water games everyday. :drool:

|Zach| 07-11-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Do I have EXACTLY 10 year or no more than 10 years? If it's no more than then I stop working that day and spend my days exercising, meditating, and spending time with my family.

If it's exactly 10 years then I will spend the first 5 years and $5M buildinig a business up so that my wife and kids can live off of the profits for the rest of their lives. Then the last 5 years I do the exercise, meditate, family thing.

I read it as 10 years on the dot.

Rain Man 07-11-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho

I think he got it exactly right.

Mr. Laz 07-11-2005 07:49 PM

use the 10 yrs and $20 million to invest/prepare to make sure the my family was taken care of for generations.

nothing else matters

i'd make that trade in a heartbeat

Hammock Parties 07-11-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Aren't you in college?

Why didn't you go to school out of state? Anywhere is better than there. Hell, even Louisana, New Mexico and Okahoma are better than Texas!

I was, for a time.

I was extremely stupid in high school. I made excellent grades but didn't do shit in the way of preparing for college. I applied for zero colleges while I was in high school. :banghead:

Anyway, I went to a community college for a few semesters before transferring to UTA. I really should have looked into out-of-state colleges, but my foolish ambitions were centered around journalism and UTA had one of the top 5 college newspapers in the country, so I went there. :banghead:

I'd like a do over, please.