ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why is Jack Harry such a JACKASS???!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120868)

Kylo Ren 08-04-2005 06:08 PM

Why is Jack Harry such a JACKASS???!!!

I can't stand that stupid S.O.B.!! He's nothing but an angry old man. He's negative, negative, negative. What's the story with him? How does he keep a job as a KC sports reporter with the attitude he has? What's his beef with the Chiefs? He seems to have extra hatred for the Chiefs. Did he have a "falling out" with Carl or something?

Phobia 08-04-2005 06:10 PM

He's not a real fan.

Mecca 08-04-2005 06:10 PM

He's just an older more senil Kevin Keitzman. Hell the way they act, he could be Keitzmans dad. He'd rather discuss playing golf with his buddies than talk about something important. The sports scene in this town needs some serious cleaning out.

Deberg_1990 08-04-2005 06:11 PM

I think weve been down this road before. Basically, he feels jilted from waaay back, around 1989 when Carl took over. He used to be the big dawg sports reporter in KC, but now hes not anymore...so hes pissed off and shows it.

Pants 08-04-2005 06:12 PM

I've always hated that reerun. He's extremely biased and is a little bitch.

Dave Lane 08-04-2005 06:16 PM

Hes the old man in the yard. Pissin and moaning about his lost youth. The day he says he's excited by the Chiefs I may resign as a fan. Total dickweed. And worst of all a complete MU homer.

Dave

Mecca 08-04-2005 06:16 PM

Of course we should also remember during all this. Jack Harry is the guy who brings Nick Athan on his 38 show and talks to him like he's a legit source of information.

When 2 of the major people you talk to are KK and Nick Athan your opinions aren't going to be very good that's for damn sure.

Messier 08-04-2005 06:24 PM

Jack Harry and 810 are both out of the loop, they hate Carl and Carl hates them, so they spent their time ranting about things without any inside knowledge. On top of that KK and Harry don't think much of football as a sport and they're not ashamed of that fact. I'll always remember Jack Harry as the host of the Chiefs post game show would mention that he didn't watch the whole game, and he wasn't even embarrassed.

keg in kc 08-04-2005 06:25 PM

I can't stand grumpy, negative, negative, negative people.

chiefqueen 08-04-2005 06:41 PM

Look up old threads........its been posted before.....it all has to do with Carl's reaction to Jack Harry's treatment of Christian Okoye after Christian's newborn son died.

J Diddy 08-04-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I can't stand grumpy, negative, negative, negative people.

Hey, skip ain't that bad...

Pants 08-04-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen
Look up old threads........its been posted before.....it all has to do with Carl's reaction to Jack Harry's treatment of Christian Okoye after Christian's newborn son died.

What's the story behind that?

Dayze 08-04-2005 07:02 PM

I think Jack Harry is 'old school' in that he's 'pre-talk radio', and internet, etc. He was Ron Burgundy back in the day....

but he, like Ron, have out-lived their prime.

chiefqueen 08-04-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
What's the story behind that?

OK...........Cliff Notes version

2 days b/f Training Camp opened in 1990 Okoye's then wife gave birth to a son who very unexpectedly died 30 min. after birth. Okoye asked Carl & Marty if he could report 5 days late to camp & received permission. Okoye did not let his son's death be made known to the public until a year later.

The same summer, 2 veterans held out that TC. Jack Harry & Don Fortune said Christian was holding out to support Ross & Lewis. They kept badgering Okoye all year, especially after bad games.

Finally around Nov. CP had enough. He yanked Channel 5 field passes (Harry was working fot Ch. 5 then) for the rest of the season & assigned Harry & Fortune seats in the press box normally reserved for press from the visiting team.

Dayze 08-04-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen
OK...........Cliff Notes version

Finally around Nov. CP had enough. He yanked Channel 5 field passes (Harry was working fot Ch. 5 then) for the rest of the season & assigned Harry & Fortune seats in the press box normally reserved for press from the visiting team.

sweet. How do I send Rep to CP?
:clap:

Now that he's KK's buddy, it seems like a natural fit.