ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ty Law (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123944)

Wallcrawler 09-12-2005 04:06 PM

Ty Law

Well, whats the general opinion of Ty Law now that we have seen him in action?

I wasnt really impressed, he did have the one pick in the endzone, but overall Law had very little impact on the game.

I dont know if it was Law not being 100% yet, or Trent Green's evisceration of David Barrett all day long that just didnt give Law too many chances at making any plays. Either way, I didnt see too many instances where #24 was in on a play.

In the Quarter that I saw of Surtain, and of Law, who played the whole game...

Surtain > Law

Carl dropped the big money on the right guy.

Phobia 09-12-2005 04:08 PM

That pick in the endzone is on Green's shoulders. Bartee would have intercepted that one, too.

I don't know how much we really challenged Law. I saw him fall down on one out route. That is all I can remember off the top of my head.

elvomito 09-12-2005 04:10 PM

he had a pass intereference penalty on the play he fell down.

jspchief 09-12-2005 04:10 PM

Law got called fot pass interference after he tackled Kennison to keep from getting beat.

Besides that and the INT (that was as much Green's fuck up, as Law's skill), law was pretty invisible.

Bowser 09-12-2005 04:11 PM

While I agree with you that Surtain is the better player at this stage in their respective careers, I also believe Law can still play. He can be a good #2, or great nickle for a team.

It would have been great for him to be here. Surtain, Law, Warfield, and McCleon would make a hell of a cornerback group. I think he was drawn to New York for the opportunity to play the Patriots twice a year, as much as it was for money or an opportunity to win.

beer bacon 09-12-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Law got called fot pass interference after he tackled Kennison to keep from getting beat.

Besides that and the INT (that was as much Green's fuck up, as Law's skill), law was pretty invisible.

Which means it was a good game for Law. Getting an INT in the endzone vastly outweighs a 20 yard yard PI. We respected him enough, or disrespected Barret enough you could say, that we stayed away from Law most of the game.

Calcountry 09-12-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
While I agree with you that Surtain is the better player at this stage in their respective careers, I also believe Law can still play. He can be a good #2, or great nickle for a team.

It would have been great for him to be here. Surtain, Law, Warfield, and McCleon would make a hell of a cornerback group. I think he was drawn to New York for the opportunity to play the Patriots twice a year, as much as it was for money or an opportunity to win.

Not for the money he was asking.

:shake:

4th and Long 09-12-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
That pick in the endzone is on Green's shoulders. Bartee would have intercepted that one, too.

I don't know how much we really challenged Law. I saw him fall down on one out route. That is all I can remember off the top of my head.

Local sports talk radio said when they asked Green about that play he said he was baited into throwing that pass by Law. Said Law played off the receiver and Green thought he was open. As soon as the ball left his hand Law was all over the receiver.

Bowser 09-12-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
Not for the money he was asking.

:shake:

IIRC, we were offering more money than what he got from the Jets. And our offer wouldn't have been a cap buster, either.

Calcountry 09-12-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
IIRC, we were offering more money than what he got from the Jets. And our offer wouldn't have been a cap buster, either.

Then Law's attitude was too expensive for us. There isn't enough high quality hookers and prime time media in the Midwest for his tastes I guess.

Herzig 09-12-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler
Well, whats the general opinion of Ty Law now that we have seen him in action?

I wasnt really impressed, he did have the one pick in the endzone, but overall Law had very little impact on the game.

I dont know if it was Law not being 100% yet, or Trent Green's evisceration of David Barrett all day long that just didnt give Law too many chances at making any plays. Either way, I didnt see too many instances where #24 was in on a play.

In the Quarter that I saw of Surtain, and of Law, who played the whole game...

Surtain > Law

Carl dropped the big money on the right guy.

Agreed. You have to give Carl props this offseason. Surtain is better of the two, plus, he's younger and has more years left in him. Hopefullly, he'll play against oakland.

Wile_E_Coyote 09-12-2005 04:45 PM

Law's the big dog in NY, he would second fiddle in KC

redfan 09-12-2005 04:46 PM

Parker didn't do a very good job of playing "defender" on that pick.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2005 04:49 PM

You guys are crazy if you think Ty Law would not be a HUGE asset to have on this team come January when we might have to face Brady/Manning/Roethlisberger

Wallcrawler 09-12-2005 04:50 PM

It will bite if Surtain cant go this week, but its a lot better to just lose him for a game and a half, rather than what was going through my mind when he was initially hurt.

When I saw the team doctors slowly rolling him over onto his back, I wanted to freakin throw up.

In that quarter or so that he played, he was awesome. Its good to know that he wont miss a whole lot of time due to that injury. When I heard "concussion", just hearing them even discussing the possibility of him playing this week was good news.

As for Law, I think he will get better as the season moves along. Around mid-season, we could be glad that we got this game out of the way early.