ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Romanowski admits steroid use (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126462)

Braincase 10-13-2005 04:42 PM

Romanowski admits steroid use

***FORMER BRONCO/RAIDER BILL ROMANOWSKI ADMITS CHEATING***

Romanowski admits using steroids from Conte

Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' 60 Minutes in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.
"I took (human growth hormone) for a brief period and ... I definitely didn't receive what I got out of THG," Romanowski said, referring to another drug he got from Conte.

In November 2003, the NFL notified Romanowski that he tested positive for the steroid THG.

Romanowski played linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Randy Moss and the Raiderz in a 16-year career that ended in 2003.

Last May, he agreed to pay former Randy Moss and the Raiderz teammate Marcus Williams $415,000 in damages for a hit to the face during a practice drill in 2003. Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken.

Romanowski played for the Randy Moss and the Raiderz during their 2002 Super Bowl season.

He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, Romo, My Life on the Edge.

Rain Man 10-13-2005 04:43 PM

I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you! Romanowski cheated?!?!?!?!

tk13 10-13-2005 04:45 PM

The entire Broncos organization used to work very, very closely with BALCO, I'd guarantee he's not the only one from those teams that is guilty of that...

Rain Man 10-13-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase
He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, Romo, My Life on the Edge.

Ah. Trying to drum up book sales, I see.

I really wish that he wouldn't sell a single copy, or that the NFL would rule that criminals can't profit from their crimes and sue to get the profits of this stupid and undoubtedly ghost-written book.

nychief 10-13-2005 04:46 PM

NO!

listopencil 10-13-2005 04:56 PM

Holy crap! I never would have guessed it.

Dunit35 10-13-2005 05:07 PM

I had no idea! What a ghey, nothing good should ever happen for him.

Extra Point 10-13-2005 05:15 PM

You mean to tell me he didn't before '01? BALCO is the tip of the iceberg! Guess you have to buy Romo's book to find what's under the water. I don't, because I think they left out the chapter entitled "See Snakes!"

Calcountry 10-13-2005 05:20 PM

He also played for the fartywhiners.

philfree 10-13-2005 05:22 PM

So in the Donks Championship years they had cap violations, players on steroids and caught cheating in the playoff game against the Chiefs when they had forgotten to showe after their pregame crisco party? Them Donk fans sure have alot to be proud of.

PhilFree:arrow:

listopencil 10-13-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
So in the Donks Championship years they had cap violations, players on steroids and caught cheating in the playoff game against the Chiefs when they had forgotten to showe after their pregame crisco party? Them Donk fans sure have alot to be proud of.

http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/i...apes-print.jpg

Braincase 10-13-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

They're too busy being mad at Eddie Kennison for choosing his pregnant, lupus-afflicted wife over them to deal with the reality of their own dishonor.

Taco John 10-13-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

You're not too swift... Here's some help:

"Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001"

2001 was his last year as a starter, and he was looking over his shoulder.

Fish 10-13-2005 05:38 PM

[sarcasm]Insert utterly and completely shocked response here[/sarcasm]

Braincase 10-13-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
You're not too swift... Here's some help:

"Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001"

2001 was his last year as a starter, and he was looking over his shoulder.

Jezzus, TJ. That's when he ADMITS to starting. You can't tell me you're that freakin' gullible, are you?

Wait... you still think that the salary cap violations were an innocent oversite and your trophies aren't tarnished.

You are that gullible. Sorry if I caused any doubt.