ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Update on my wife... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127423)

SCChief 10-25-2005 04:01 AM

Update on my wife...

I don't really know where to begin guys.

On Friday night, my wife and a few of her friends and family ambushed me for lack of a better term and took the kids. All of the time I was taking care of her, she was making arrangements to take my kids and leave. Kids that she had really had nothing to do with in a few years. She alleges abusive behavior (all of which my neighbors and friends are going to deny emphatically, and all of which is undocumented and untrue). But... in my own investigation of what happened, I uncovered some pretty surprising facts about my wife's activities over the last few months, as well as the fact that my wife abused both me and the kids. So... I got a lawyer even before she did and I am going for custody. And he is indicating that due to the extenuating circumstances I uncovered, I will win.

That is why I did not post this weekend... I was too heartbroken. I really still am. For two years, I have been the primary caregiver for my children. I cooked, I cleaned, I cared for them when they were sick or hurt, I played with them, helped my oldest with homework, taught my 2-year-old to carry on a conversation with adults... and all my wife has allowed me is to talk to them before they go to bed. My oldest tells me she just wants to come home to me. My youngest doesn't really like to talk on the phone. I look around my house and see the girls' toys that they love, and Morgan's artwork... I have never been hurt so bad.

Even while I am grieving, I am putting the witnesses together to get my children back. I think she underestimated how viciously I would fight for my kids, especially when all one of them can tell me is how she wants to come home to me. It breaks my heart that this has happened, but my girls are all I can think about.

Please pray for me to have the strength to do what is right, and pray for my girls to have the strength to get through this as well. And hell... pray for my wife to have the strength to make it through what is probably going to be a pretty bitter custody dispute. As much as I love her... she could have gone without my kids, and I would have cried, but moved on. But I cannot move on as long as I am being kept from my kids.

tk13 10-25-2005 04:12 AM

Good luck.

cookster50 10-25-2005 04:13 AM

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. You'll be in my prayers.

mikey23545 10-25-2005 05:27 AM

I hope you find the strength to get through this, bro...Good luck...

bkkcoh 10-25-2005 05:30 AM

A tough uphill battle is ahead, but keep up the good fight.

Troy1220 10-25-2005 06:02 AM

That's tough dude. I will pray for you. Pray that her wicked plans are foiled. I pray that you and the children will somehow be blessed in this horrible situation.

God Bless,
Troy

OldTownChief 10-25-2005 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh
A tough uphill battle is ahead, but keep up the good fight.

Agreed, just don't bring the kids into it. They'll remember this later in life.

bkkcoh 10-25-2005 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief

That is no doubt. It will be tough enough on them anyway. Try not to speak bad of the future ex in front of the kids either.

They will be smart enough to make up there minds in the future...

Braincase 10-25-2005 06:32 AM

Prayers and Power to you.

SCChief 10-25-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief

Aye. My wife was used in several custody disputes when she was growing up. Her childhood was a sad series of broken homes. I will not do this to my kids. I don't hate my wife, I still love her very much despite the betrayal. But I cannot allow her to take my kids from me. But no matter what happens, my kids will have every opportunity at a good relationship with both of us. No matter how bitter and brutal this gets, I will not allow the kids to be traumatized anymore than they already have. Which is why I talk to them on the phone each night and try and remain happy... not letting them know I feel so broken inside.

Phobia 10-25-2005 06:46 AM

Been there, Done that.

Best of luck.

Inspector 10-25-2005 06:52 AM

Plenty of us can relate.

Good luck. May justice prevail and the courts act in the best interest of the children.

Mr. Kotter 10-25-2005 06:57 AM

Fight the good fight. Do what you have to do.

God bless and good luck.

Skip Towne 10-25-2005 07:04 AM

Best of luck to you. I had a similar experience. You will come out of this OK.

Bwana 10-25-2005 07:04 AM

Sorry to hear this. Best of luck bud.