ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which NFL teams wouldn't be starting LJ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127969)

Skip Towne 11-01-2005 11:06 PM

Which NFL teams wouldn't be starting LJ?

I'm old and dumb but San Diego is all I can come up with. And I think LJ can hold his own with Tomlinson. What do you think?

Abba-Dabba 11-01-2005 11:07 PM

Kansas City

milkman 11-01-2005 11:09 PM

I think he'd probably be sitting behind Alexander in Seattle.

Skip Towne 11-01-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggysack
Kansas City

Hehe

Phobia 11-01-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder

Yup.

tk13 11-01-2005 11:11 PM

Seattle, Indianapolis would be two surefire ones that pop right up. After that it becomes kinda debatable I think. Like for instance I'd say Dallas, St. Louis, and Buffalo would be possibilities. Maybe New Orleans if Deuce was healthy...

Skip Towne 11-01-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder

Probably? What are his YPC? And Seattle plays WHO?

Skip Towne 11-01-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Seattle, Indianapolis would be two surefire ones that pop right up. After that it becomes kinda debatable I think. Like for instance I'd say Dallas, St. Louis, and Buffalo would be possibilities. Maybe New Orleans if Deuce was healthy...

I'm not good at this but Dallas? St. Louis? You surely aren't talking about Edgerrin James. If's don't count. Maybe McGahee but the knees? I doubt it.

tk13 11-01-2005 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'm not good at this but Dallas? St. Louis? You surely aren't talking about Edgerrin James. If's don't count. Maybe McGahee but the knees? I doubt it.

Why not? Edge is having a great year. The other teams all have good young RB's who've shown they can carry the load. I don't know if you've watched Steven Jackson run but he's a total beast, Julius Jones is just a guess on my part, I like him, Parcells likes to use him, that's probably the most iffy suggestion. And the Bills took McGahee with a blown up knee over a healthy LJ in the draft... I don't think it's really a stretch.

HolmeZz 11-01-2005 11:30 PM

If you're asking what teams have more talented RBs than LJ starting at this point, I'd say:

Indianapolis
Seattle
San Diego
New York Giants
Washington
New Orleans(healthy Deuce)
St. Louis(yeah, I like Jackson more)

Those are the definites. There are a bunch of iffy's that LJ's probably just as talented as.

Skip Towne 11-01-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Why not? Edge is having a great year. The other teams all have good young RB's who've shown they can carry the load. I don't know if you've watched Steven Jackson run but he's a total beast, Julius Jones is just a guess on my part, I like him, Parcells likes to use him, that's probably the most iffy suggestion. And the Bills took McGahee with a blown up knee over a healthy LJ in the draft... I don't think it's really a stretch.

I normally don't watch games that don't involve the Chiefs but watched Dallas out of boredom Sunday and they have a new darling. The announcer kept gushing over him while forgetting his name. I think we can rule Julius out. Edge is as old as I am. Are you sure McGahee went aead of LJ. I thought he went late in the first which was still a surprise with those knees. Let me ask you this, do you think KC would trade straight up for any of the backs you've mentioned? There is something wrong with all of them so far. Age, health, something.

Miles 11-01-2005 11:36 PM

Seattle, Indy, STL, Buff, NYG are ones i would definitly say he wouldn't. Probably should include Washington, CHI, Philly, DAL and maybe even HOU, JAX, ATL and MIA.

tk13 11-01-2005 11:39 PM

Edge is 27 years old. He's not that old.

Skip Towne 11-01-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
If you're asking what teams have more talented RBs than LJ starting at this point, I'd say:

Indianapolis
Seattle
San Diego
New York Giants
Washington
New Orleans(healthy Deuce)
St. Louis(yeah, I like Jackson more)

Those are the definites. There are a bunch of iffy's that LJ's probably just as talented as.

Jackson I don't know about. Look at who they play. Edge is ancient, like Priest. Tiki Barber? Hahaha Portis? More Hahahaha Old, broken dudes like Deuce? LT is new and for real and I don't know about the Seattle guy, never heard of him. Maybe because of who they play.

Miles 11-01-2005 11:41 PM

Quote:

Edge is 27 years old. He's not that old.

Only 14 months older than LJ and is looking better this year than he has in a while.