ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I was wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128335)

DaKCMan AP 11-07-2005 08:36 AM

I was wrong

I'd like to say that I was wrong about Dewayne Washington. When the Chiefs brought him in for a look, I didn't want them to sign him. When they signed him for camp, I wanted him cut. When he made the team, I wanted him inactive. I was wrong. I watched Dewayne play with Pittsburgh, , and Jacksonville. From what I saw he was burned often and constantly called for pass interference. Every time he has played this season, he has impressed me. The old vet can still play.

ChiefsGirl 11-07-2005 08:37 AM

I was pretty rough on Washington as well. He played well yesterday.

keg in kc 11-07-2005 08:37 AM

He played okay most of yesterday.

He's a PI or TD waiting to happen, however, if he's asked to start for any length of time.

TenLap 11-07-2005 08:51 AM

I was also glad to see D. Washington not get burned yesterday. However, I think D. Washington's good game was helped tremendously by Kerry Collins' horrible decisions and bad throws.

Collins couldn't hit the broad side of a Ted Washington yesterday. How many of those balls D. Washington defended were actually catchable?

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-07-2005 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenLap
I was also glad to see D. Washington not get burned yesterday. However, I think D. Washington's good game was helped tremendously by Kerry Collins' horrible decisions and bad throws.

Collins couldn't hit the broad side of a Ted Washington yesterday. How many of those balls D. Washington defended were actually catchable?

Agreed. I felt like DW was more fortunate than good yesterday but hey.... I'll take it. He did make a couple of nice plays. The one in the 4th quarter when he came up and knocked a pass away from the reciever at the last moment was a dandy.

Rain Man 11-07-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Nice wording.

I have to agree about D. Washington, though. I thought he made several plays on catchable balls.

Eleazar 11-07-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

I was wrong
About a great many things :rolleyes:

Reerun_KC 11-07-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Nice wording.

I have to agree about D. Washington, though. I thought he made several plays on catchable balls.

That is because we finally had pressure on the QB. What a difference it makes when you dont allow the QB 10 Seconds to survey the field, call for a beer and pretzel, then allow him to throw the ball..

jspchief 11-07-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

Agree 100%. Washington's "D" was more about Collins being horribly inaccurate.

In general I think he has had better positioning than McCleon would have had. I imagine staying within 15 yards of your man makes Moss look covered in comparison to film of McCleon.