ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Unrealistic expectations about our defense this season! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131965)

chiefsfan1963 12-22-2005 02:40 PM

Unrealistic expectations about our defense this season!

If we had added quality players to our roster 2 years ago instead of waiting until this season to add talent to this D we would most likely have broken into the Top 20 ranking and be a playoff team in 2005.

All blame goes to the Front Office and CP!!!!!!!!

I believe we can break into that Top 20 list and actually improve in our O ranking as well and be right in the hunt to making the playoffs and ultimately the SB in 2006!

Our D will get better with a year under their belt playing together and our offseason can bring more quality players to our O and D via the draft and free agency.

This can be all done with DV at the helm IMO.

I hope he decides to stay and not buckle to the pressure of fans and critics who know really nothing about the inner workings of Pro Football and don't realize how lucky they are and how close they are to SB Championship!

This team does not have to rebuild far from it! Patience and keeping a cool head is what really is needed!

ptlyon 12-22-2005 02:41 PM

Where do you come up with this shit?

Brock 12-22-2005 02:42 PM

How dare we expect competence! :cuss:

Deberg_1990 12-22-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan1963
This team does not have to rebuild far from it! Patience and keeping a cool head is what really is needed!

Honestly, we are now into year 16 of the "5 Year Plan" I think time for being patient is over.

Mr. Laz 12-22-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

All blame goes to the Front Office and CP!!!!!!!!

i detest Carl Peterson and even i disagree with that.

yes, we shouldn't of stood pat a few years ago ... yes that hurt us bad.

but the lack of focus,toughness and general bad fundamental of this team point directly to coaching not personnel.

not knowing how to manage a game isn't Carl's fault ... not knowing when to take a freakin' timeout isn't car's fault.

Vermeil gets his fair share of the blame for the problems with this team.

Donger 12-22-2005 02:45 PM

I'm probably the only person who thought of Squeaky Fromme while reading this.

Mr. Laz 12-22-2005 02:47 PM

http://thrdgll.tripod.com/oldnewsnov26.gif

Eleazar 12-22-2005 02:49 PM

Didn't one of those women try to shoot Ford, and would have got him, but she didn't know that you had to work the action on the pistol once to get a round into the chamber?

(let the "work the action" and "round in the chamber" jokes commence)

ptlyon 12-22-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
(let the "work the action" and "round in the chamber" jokes commence)

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind being a guard at a woman's prison.

chiefsfan1963 12-22-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Honestly, we are now into year 16 of the "5 Year Plan" I think time for being patient is over.

DV has been here 5 years, CP 16 years. I would have no problem showing CP the door. I would like DV to play out his hand. Thanks for your comments.

chiefsfan1963 12-22-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i detest Carl Peterson and even i disagree with that.

yes, we shouldn't of stood pat a few years ago ... yes that hurt us bad.

but the lack of focus,toughness and general bad fundamental of this team point directly to coaching not personnel.

not knowing how to manage a game isn't Carl's fault ... not knowing when to take a freakin' timeout isn't car's fault.

Vermeil gets his fair share of the blame for the problems with this team.

DV has done far more good than bad for this team and he has accomplished a lot in a short 5 years! CP has been given plenty of chances and time to make it happen and his departure is well overdue.

DV deserves another year at least IMO!

Don't hang all your frustration on DV for having to wait 35 years to reach the SB.

HemiEd 12-22-2005 02:59 PM

WTF? The only explanation for the defense sucking is two back to back DCs that did a poor job! The Front Office as you call it, has tried everything conceivable personel wise. Free agents two years, a high percentage of the draft each year and retaining the players that the DC felt should be retained. IMO if CP is to be blamed for anything, it is the hiring of Greg Robinson and bringing Gunther back. I hope he gets the K-State Football Coach search commitee to help him find the next one.

InChiefsHeaven 12-22-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon
Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind being a guard at a woman's prison.

I work at a womens residential correctional facility...trust me, it ain't what it's cracked up to be in the movies... :Lin:

ptlyon 12-22-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell
I work at a womens residential correctional facility...trust me, it ain't what it's cracked up to be in the movies... :Lin:

Dammit!

Mr. Laz 12-22-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

DV has done far more good than bad for this team and he has accomplished a lot in a short 5 years! CP has been given plenty of chances and time to make it happen and his departure is well overdue.

DV deserves another year at least IMO!

Don't hang all your frustration on DV for having to wait 35 years to reach the SB.

more good than bad ... maybe, but nothing makes up for the lack of fundamentals.

there is nothing short about 5 years in the NFL

DV has earned some of that frustration