ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I need a good scam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132504)

Skip Towne 12-31-2005 02:22 PM

I need a good scam

I'm tired of working and I need a good scam to run. The internet is a good place for a scam but it doesn't necessarily have to be that. A guy in Tulsa put out about 30 collection boxes in various businesses collecting for some bogus Olympics cause. Pretty good, but he got caught. Has anybody got any good ideas for a scam?

WebGem 12-31-2005 02:25 PM

ROFL

Are you serious?

wutamess 12-31-2005 02:27 PM

Well you could always claim black lineage and use the "my people were enslaved excuse..." er bad joke.

Never mind.

Katipan 12-31-2005 02:29 PM

I vote man whore.

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2005 02:29 PM

GM position for Chiefs have already been taken, but another good one is being the PR rep for Lindsey Lohan. schemes that also work would involve how to "improve" living like the Ed McMahon million dollar sweepstakes.

chiefsfaninNC 12-31-2005 02:30 PM

GM for the Chiefs. There is no knowledge required for the job and there do not seem to be any performance requirements either.

Demonpenz 12-31-2005 02:31 PM

just put bucketts up around the quick trips that say "HELP PAY FOR THIS MANS FUNERAL"

Bearcat 12-31-2005 02:36 PM

There are websites on how to scam scammers... people who get money out of those who send the "I'm the king of [country] and need to wire $720,000,000 to America, and I'll give you 5%!" emails.

I'd like to try that out someday.

WebGem 12-31-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
There are websites on how to scam scammers... people who get money out of those who send the "I'm the king of [country] and need to wire $720,000,000 to America, and I'll give you 5%!" emails.

I'd like to try that out someday.

One of my friends did that a few weeks ago. Like, he went with the scam..and lost $5000.

Calcountry 12-31-2005 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'm tired of working and I need a good scam to run. The internet is a good place for a scam but it doesn't necessarily have to be that. A guy in Tulsa put out about 30 collection boxes in various businesses collecting for some bogus Olympics cause. Pretty good, but he got caught. Has anybody got any good ideas for a scam?

I don't know about scams, but Greg Robinson has some used schemes he is offering for $1.98 on ebay.

Bearcat 12-31-2005 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840
One of my friends did that a few weeks ago. Like, he went with the scam..and lost $5000.

Huh... after I submitted the post, I thought I should add something about how Skip doesn't even need a good scam because people are still falling for the classics.

chiefsfaninNC 12-31-2005 02:43 PM

Why would anyone try to scam a scammer. That is like getting into the ring with the Heavy Weight Champ and expecting to not get your ass kicked.

Bearcat 12-31-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfaninNC
Why would anyone try to scam a scammer. That is like getting into the ring with the Heavy Weight Champ and expecting to not get your ass kicked.

Not really... if you never send them money, the worst you'll do is waste your time. The site I was reading talked about how you take them seriously, but let them know you're somewhat skeptical... get them to send a little ($100, $500, whatever) to see if you're serious..... this one guy made up an identity, and told the overseas guy that his secretary would be picking up the money. The money was picked up, and the "secretary" emailed the overseas guy about a week later, saying she was checking the guy's email, didn't know what the money thing was about, but the guy ended up dying in a car wreck, and there was nothing she could do. End of story. The site I was on said these guy scam the scammers, and never keep the money... they give it all to charity, which I guess would be the ethical thing to do... but, whatever ;)

unlurking 12-31-2005 02:53 PM

Run ads in the local media on selling kits that will teach you how to make $1000 a day working from home an hour day. Sell the kits for $99.99. When you get the check, mail them a 3x5 postcard that says take an ad out in the local paper.

Skip Towne 12-31-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess
Well you could always claim black lineage and use the "my people were enslaved excuse..." er bad joke.

Never mind.

Do all white people look alike to you? Whoops another bad joke.