ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WOW some not so bad ones here (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132723)

OldTownChief 01-02-2006 02:15 PM

WOW some not so bad ones here

Sherman heads list of NFL coaches fired Monday
ESPN.com news services

Green Bay Packers: Just one day after completing the franchise's worst season since 1991, the Green Bay Packers on Monday dismissed head coach Mike Sherman.

The move, which was announced at a morning news conference, came despite the fact the Packers awarded Sherman a two-year contract extension worth about $6.4 million last summer. It also fuels speculation about the future of quarterback Brett Favre, who said several times during the season that he would not return in 2006 if Sherman was not retained by Packers officials. Story

New Orleans Saints: The season of displacement has concluded with New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson deciding his franchise needed a replacement for head coach Jim Haslett.

After weeks of requesting that he be freed from his contract, a frustrated Haslett finally was dismissed by the Saints on Monday. The two sides essentially reached a mutual agreement that Haslett would not return for 2006, the final year of his contract. Story

Houston Texans: Dom Capers has been fired as coach of the Houston Texans, who had the league's worst record this season, the players were told Monday.

Capers addressed the team at a meeting Monday morning and told players he had been let go. He was accompanied by owner Bob McNair, several players said. Story

St. Louis Rams: Mike Martz was fired as coach of the St. Louis Rams on Monday after a 6-10 season in which he missed the final 11 games because of a heart ailment.

The Rams started the season 2-3 before Martz was sidelined with an infection of the heart lining. Assistant Joe Vitt replaced him for the rest of the season, which ended Sunday with a 20-10 win over Dallas that left the team at 6-10. Story

Minnesota Vikings: Owner Zygi Wilf fired Tice after Sunday's victory over Chicago capped a disappointing 9-7 season in which the Vikings, a trendy preseason pick to go to the Super Bowl, missed the playoffs.

ROYC75 01-02-2006 02:18 PM

I want none of them in KC...........maybe Capers as DC if Gun is gone.

Predarat 01-02-2006 02:18 PM

Thank You, Roy!!!

jAZ 01-02-2006 02:18 PM

I'd be OK with Jim Haslett too... His offense in NO always sucked because his Franchise QB was never anybetter than Arron Brooks.

I'd prefer Fisher and a few other guys, but we could do a lot worse than Jim Haslett.

Brock 01-02-2006 02:20 PM

Those are all pretty bad choices, IMO. They weren't fired because they did a good job.

jidar 01-02-2006 02:22 PM

Who the **** isn't a bad choice? Last I checked Belichick and Dungy aren't leaving their franchises.

Baby Lee 01-02-2006 02:23 PM

Sherman, Tice, Martz. bad day to be a Mike.

OldTownChief 01-02-2006 02:24 PM

If we end up with Tice I'll kill myself.

jidar 01-02-2006 02:26 PM

I don't think Tice is going to be in the NFL.

Rain Man 01-02-2006 02:28 PM

Why was Haslett trying to leave? It's not like he's got a Parcellsian resume to get another job.

Frosty 01-02-2006 02:48 PM

Who in their right mind would accept the head coaching job for the Saints?

Maybe another opportunity for Gunther? :)

Mosbonian 01-02-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Those are all pretty bad choices, IMO. They weren't fired because they did a good job.

Other than Joe Horn, what has Haslett had that would allow him to be successful? Aaron Brooks was about as erratic on Offense as Eric Warfield was on our Defense....

Having said that, I wouldn't mind having a guy like Haslett as an Assistant Coach.....

Dom Capers has shown that he can build a defense so having him as a DC wouldn't be all that bad....

Everyone else I wouldn't even want as an Assistant Coach.

mmaddog

Brock 01-02-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
Other than Joe Horn, what has Haslett had that would allow him to be successful? Aaron Brooks was about as erratic on Offense as Eric Warfield was on our Defense....*******

He had Jake Delhomme and sent him packing.

mikey23545 01-02-2006 03:01 PM

Let me just say this...

Dom Capers is one <i>hell</i> of a defensive coordinator...

I'm just sayin'...

milkman 01-02-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545
Let me just say this...

Dom Capers is one <i>hell</i> of a defensive coordinator...

I'm just sayin'...

I'd take him in KC, regardless who the HC turns out to be.