ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Do the Texans take Vince Young #1 overall after last night's performance? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133056)

Herzig 01-05-2006 05:41 PM

Do the Texans take Vince Young #1 overall after last night's performance?

After his performance last night against USC(who had a "home" game), do the Texans trade Carr for 1st rounder and take Vince at #1. Vince is from Houston...so do you take him and trade Carr for a #1 ?

I would....to get an already living hometown/state legend in his prime...

Poll is set up in the new DraftPlanet forum here..

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133055

chiefsfaninNC 01-05-2006 05:43 PM

You couldn't get a 1st rounder for Carr.

HemiEd 01-05-2006 05:44 PM

The guy is a freak of nature, I have never seen someone that looked so much ahead of the game. I think they would be stupid not to take him arrange the rest of thier chips the best they can.

Herzig 01-05-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfaninNC
You couldn't get a 1st rounder for Carr.

I bet they could...maybe a late to mid round pick...Good QB's are scarce...he sucked this year because they have a shitty O line..

chiefsfaninNC 01-05-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
The guy is a freak of nature, I have never seen someone that looked so much ahead of the game. I think they would be stupid not to take him arrange the rest of thier chips the best they can.

He definately helped his cause last night. He would be stupid not to enter the draft this year.

chiefsfaninNC 01-05-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig
I bet they could...maybe a late to mid round pick...Good QB's are scarce...he sucked this year because they have a shitty O line..

You said it yourself "Good QB's". He is not in that class.

HemiEd 01-05-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

He definately helped his cause last night. He would be stupid not to enter the draft this year.

I have seen him play maybe a half dozen games. I think I have been amazed by him in everyone, but he sure showed a National audience just how good he can be last night. Or maybe a taste of how good he can be. The Chiefs never get a chance at a player like this because we never really suck.

Herzig 01-05-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Maybe not good...but I think he's young, played for an expansion team(didn't have much of a supporting cast), and definitely has potential....I think they could at least get a #2 for him.

chiefsfaninNC 01-05-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I have seen him play maybe a half dozen games. I think I have been amazed by him in everyone, but he sure showed a National audience just how good he can be last night. Or maybe a taste of how good he can be. The Chiefs never get a chance at a player like this because we never really suck.

We had a shot in class of 83. We sure ****ed that up.

C-Mac 01-05-2006 05:53 PM

Vince is in another playing realm.

chiefsfaninNC 01-05-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig
Maybe not good...but I think he's young, played for an expansion team(didn't have much of a supporting cast), and definitely has potential....I think they could at least get a #2 for him.

A second or third maybe. No way anyone wastes a first on him. His line is not the entire problem.

Calcountry 01-05-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

He IS more accurately described as a tailback taking direct snaps, who can throw to keep the D offguard.

HemiEd 01-05-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

We had a shot in class of 83. We sure ****ed that up.

Yep, we went for the tall guy. :banghead:

Herzig 01-05-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

A second or third maybe. No way anyone wastes a first on him. His line is not the entire problem.

Possibly Chicago in the late 1st maybe?

Boozer 01-05-2006 06:02 PM

Throws like a girl. There, I said it.