ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Roethlisberger on Letterman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135294)

tk13 02-06-2006 11:06 PM

Roethlisberger on Letterman

ROFL Anyone see that, he just said he didn't think he got in on the dive that was called a touchdown... I'm surprised he was that honest. Said he went to the sideline and told Cowher he didn't think he made it, but they were prepared to go for it on 4th down. Now they're shaving his beard.

greg63 02-06-2006 11:10 PM

Heh, I'm watching old episodes of Seinfeld.

Simplex3 02-06-2006 11:23 PM

Every time the guy speaks I like him more. Seems like a stand-up guy. I'd run through walls for a guy that was honest with me.

Mecca 02-06-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Every time the guy speaks I like him more. Seems like a stand-up guy. I'd run through walls for a guy that was honest with me.

Of course he's also the same guy who came across as a total asshole on an ESPN piece I saw. It was about riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Jamie Henderson a DB who use to play for the Jets(not sure if you're familiar with him) wrecked his motorcycle and nearly died. He was talking about how Georgia had a helmet law and it was the only reason he was wearing one and he'd likely be dead if not for the law.

Then they cut to Ben who promptly says "you aren't my dad don't tell me what to do."

That rubbed me the wrong way...........

Lurch 02-06-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Of course he's also the same guy who came across as a total asshole on an ESPN piece I saw. It was about riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Jamie Henderson a DB who use to play for the Jets(not sure if you're familiar with him) wrecked his motorcycle and nearly died. He was talking about how Georgia had a helmet law and it was the only reason he was wearing one and he'd likely be dead if not for the law.

Then they cut to Ben who promptly says "you aren't my dad don't tell me what to do."

That rubbed me the wrong way...........

Libertarian types don't take to seat belt laws, helmet laws, or being told what to do.....in a Nanny-type way. I suspect Ben is an Easy Rider kinda guy. It will serve him well as an NFL QB.

Mecca 02-06-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch
Libertarian types don't take to seat belt laws, helmet laws, or being told what to do.....in a Nanny-type way. I suspect Ben is an Easy Rider kinda guy. It will serve him well as an NFL QB.

Either way telling a guy who nearly died who's simply stating what could happen to you. "You aren't my dad" is a pretty asshole thing to do.

leviw 02-06-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

He's the biggest d*ck in the NFL, according to many. I was cheering for the Steelers and Roethlisberger's collapse on Sunday. Close enough.

Lurch 02-06-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Either way telling a guy who nearly died who's simply stating what could happen to you. "You aren't my dad" is a pretty asshole thing to do.

He's young. You don't learn tact until 25, or after 5 years of marriage.

Lurch 02-06-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw
He's the biggest d*ck in the NFL, according to many. I was cheering for the Steelers and Roethlisberger's collapse on Sunday. Close enough.

Dick? Seriously?

The only flaw I've found is he grew up a fan of John Elway. Which sucks. And you may have a point....now that I think about it...

Mecca 02-06-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch
Dick? Seriously?

The only flaw I've found is he grew up a fan of John Elway. Which sucks. And you may have a point....now that I think about it...

Well 1 day I had the radio on...........and Petro was talking about how he talked to him before he was drafted and he was a great guy. Then in less than 1 year he turned into a complete dick.

Taco John 02-06-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Not to play match-maker, but I hear DenverChief is looking for someone like that too. You might think about putting the PM system here to work.

KChiefsQT 02-06-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Well 1 day I had the radio on...........and Petro was talking about how he talked to him before he was drafted and he was a great guy. Then in less than 1 year he turned into a complete dick.

Aren't all 24 year olds??

Mecca 02-06-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt

I resent that remark.........

Lurch 02-06-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchiefsqt

Bitterness hasn't faded yet, eh? You need a grudge-f*&^......

Simplex3 02-06-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Not to play match-maker, but I hear DenverChief is looking for someone like that too. You might think about putting the PM system here to work.

In which part of my post did I say I'd take it up the a** for a guy like that?

You've been hanging out with Plummer too much.