ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Metallica's next album to be produced by Rick Ruben! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135844)

Reaper16 02-16-2006 04:55 PM

Metallica's next album to be produced by Rick Ruben!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=48448

The death of the Bob Rock era! This could mean a number of things, it could end up sounding like his work with Audioslave, or it could sound like his work with Slayer. (The world prays for the direction of the latter)

Either way, I'm excited and hopeful that we might get an actual metal album from them for the first time in 15 years.

Nightwish 02-16-2006 05:04 PM

That would be nice. I haven't heard any metal out of them since the "black" album, and even then the metal was sparing. When they toured with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, I pretty much wrote them off as lost for good.

Blindside58 02-16-2006 05:27 PM

Personally, I enjoyed the LOAD album. I did think it was a serious change from prior Metallica but a decent change for 1 album. I will give any Metallica a shot as long as it doesn't sound like St. Anger .

Reaper16 02-16-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58
Personally, I enjoyed the LOAD album. I did think it was a serious change from prior Metallica but a decent change for 1 album. I will give any Metallica a shot as long as it doesn't sound like St. Anger .

I loved about 75% of Load. I thought it was a neat change of pace and expiramentation, and that they'd go back to the straight forward heavy metal/hard rock of Black Album. Alas...

CHENZ A! 02-16-2006 06:33 PM

Man am I naive, I had no idea he produced matal/rock bands. I thought he was strictly hip hop, although I should've known considering Run DMC, the Beastie boys, and JayZ(99 problems) all use alot of hard rock beats.

Bob Dole 02-16-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

I will give any Metallica a shot as long as it doesn't sound like St. Anger .

Rumor has it that Lars sold the metal trash cans he used to record that one.

Eleazar 02-16-2006 06:42 PM

I thought they got wheeled off to M2 a long time ago.

Bearcat 02-16-2006 06:45 PM

Just in case someone hasn't heard the St. Anger review.... best review ever.

http://www.sinister.com.au/_dloads/m...ms_stanger.php#

I liked everything before St. Anger, and had no problem with experimenting, like the 'true fans' did.... but St. Anger proved they either need to be family men or a band, because going sober just doesn't work for their careers...

Reaper16 02-16-2006 06:55 PM

I think Lars needs to perish from this world. He can't keep up anymore, drumming wise, and his attitudes and ideas are ruining them. Watch "Some Kind of Monster," especially his speech about how including Kirk Hammett solos would "date" the record and try not to hate him.

Nightwish 02-16-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Of their post-metal albums, Load was the best, I'll give it that. There were several songs on it that I liked briefly, though radio overkill ruined most of them. About the only songs off it that I still like much to this day are "Hero of the Day," "Bleeding Me," and "Mama Said." Oddly, most of the old-school fans hated "Mama Said," because it sounded too country, but that particularly unexpected crossover is just what I liked about it. But "King Nothing," "2x4," "Ain't My Bitch," and most of the songs that didn't get radio play just didn't last very long in my list of likes. I think there is only one song off Reload that I can still stand to listen to, and that's "Where the Wild Things Grow." The only albums I really liked in their newer era were Garage, Inc. (astounding Merciful Fate medley) and S&M, but I don't really count either of those, because one is a live album, and the other is all covers. As for st. anger, I never liked a single track from it (in fact, as you can see, it sucked so bad it didn't even deserve to be italicized or capitalized for title).

RedandGold 02-16-2006 07:50 PM

Count me in as being intrigued.

After that last flaming turd they released, anything would have to be an improvement.

Deberg_1990 02-16-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A!
Man am I naive, I had no idea he produced matal/rock bands. I thought he was strictly hip hop, although I should've known considering Run DMC, the Beastie boys, and JayZ(99 problems) all use alot of hard rock beats.

Ruben also resurrected Johnny Cash by producing a few of his albums over the past 10-12 years.

headsnap 02-16-2006 08:22 PM

Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, now Metallica...

Rick is going for the resurecta trifecta!!!!! :)

Taco John 02-16-2006 08:25 PM

Metallica sucks. What could these guys possibly be angry about?

headsnap 02-16-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Metallica sucks. What could these guys possibly be angry about?

the fact that they suck? :shrug: