ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   KoRn... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136889)

munkey 03-07-2006 02:30 PM

KoRn...

I took the wife to see Korn last night and all I can say is it ranked up there with some of the BEST concerts I've EVAR attended. Talk about a show! They made 10 year and Mud Vein sould like garage bands. If they are in your area don't miss out...It's worth the price of admission.

~Even the old lady - whose not a fan enjoyed it~

Phobia 03-07-2006 02:33 PM

I'm sure my wife wouldn't have enjoyed Korn but I would have. Cool.

Anything new on the 'lil Bro?

munkey 03-07-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I'm sure my wife wouldn't have enjoyed Korn but I would have. Cool.

Anything new on the 'lil Bro?

Bro is getting better....Off and on really. It seems every now and then he has some adverse reaction to the drugs but he's on schedule for a complete recovery....

munkey 03-07-2006 02:51 PM

FWIW....REVIEW

KoRn review

Radar Chief 03-07-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey
Bro is getting better....Off and on really. It seems every now and then he has some adverse reaction to the drugs but he's on schedule for a complete recovery....

That’s good to hear (read).

carlos3652 03-07-2006 03:27 PM

Wow... Nice... I was a big fan of Korn about 3-5 years ago, before I got married, my wife cant tolerate it...

Pitt Gorilla 03-07-2006 03:28 PM

Korn is always good.

Phobia 03-07-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

he's on schedule for a complete recovery....

Can't ask for any better news than that. What a relief.

Reaper16 03-07-2006 03:40 PM

I call bullshit on your assessment, and that of the review you posted, of Mudvayne. That maybe described the opposite of what thier music soudns like. And no way were the a garage band compared to Korn, especially considering they're infinitely more complex than Korn. Especially Matt, their bassist, who is probably the best bassist in rock music today.

That said, I've always liked Korn, and the always put on a good show. But Mudvayne does too...

pak1983 03-07-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
I call bullshit on your assessment, and that of the review you posted, of Mudvayne. That maybe described the opposite of what thier music soudns like. And no way were the a garage band compared to Korn, especially considering they're infinitely more complex than Korn. Especially Matt, their bassist, who is probably the best bassist in rock music today.

That said, I've always liked Korn, and the always put on a good show. But Mudvayne does too...

All trash bands. Not garage bands but trash. Les Claypool is the best bassist around. GG

SLAG 03-07-2006 04:31 PM

I used to Like KoRn until Issues came out.... ever since then im just like... BLAH

munkey 03-07-2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
I call bullshit on your assessment

Well let me put it this way....

Whomever did the sound for Mud did an extremely piss poor job....AND the same could be said for 10 years. I swear there was a couple of songs I wasn't quite sure the title until the chorus....seriously....

sedated 03-07-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02
I used to Like KoRn until Issues came out.... ever since then im just like... BLAH

amen.

then they started with the covers, and covered a pink floyd song. STFU

...and Les is the best bassist in the history of rock music.

I can't wait to see him at Wakarusa.

munkey 03-07-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG02

You should give the new album a shot....

SnakeXJones 03-07-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

You should give the new album a shot....

I thought JD, The Matrix, Atticus Ross did hell of a job putting SYOTOS together.