East Coast Sports News Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans - HB Reggie Bush (USC)...From everything I've heard it will be an upset if the Texans keep this pick but to make a deal you need a trading partner....the Texans are said to covet D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
2. New Orleans Saints - QB Matt Leinart (USC)...The Saints are elated that there wasn't a team that moved up to the number one spot to take their man.
3. Tennessee Titans - QB Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt)...The Titans would love to move up to get their hands on Leinart but they are already without a 3rd in this years Draft because it went to Buffalo in the Travis Henry trade.
4. New York Jets -OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia)...The new regine in NY isn't willing to take a chance on QB Young.
5. Green Bay Packers - DE Mario Williams (No Car St)...The Pack fills one of their many needs here.
6. San Francisco 49'ers - OLB AJ Hawk (Ohio State)...The Niners need to replace the LB'ers that they will lose in FA.
7. Oakland Raiders - QB Vince Young (Texas)...If he's still on the board, the Raiders might just roll the dice.
8. Buffalo Bills - DT Haloti Ngata (Oregon)...The Bills need to find a starting LT, a DT and a Safety in this Draft.
9. Detroit Lions - TE Vernon Davis (Maryland)...The Lions have other needs but Davis is too good to pass on here.
10. Arizona Cardinals - HB LenDale White (USC)...The Cards need a running game to take pressure off of Warner.
11. St. Louis Rams - S/CB Michael Huff (Texas)...The Rams fill a huge need in their secondary with this pick.
12. Cleveland Browns - OT Winston Justice (USC)...The Browns will be shopping for a LB'er in FA and Justice fills a big need
13. Baltimore Ravens - HB D'Angelo Williams (Memphis)...The Ravens may lose Jamal Lewis and Chester Taylor in FA.
14. Philadelphia Eagles - DE Mathius Kiwanuka (Boston College)...The Eagles will have a hard time passing on Kiwi here.
15. Atlanta Falcons - CB Tye Hill (Clemson)...The Falcons now have a pair of shut-down Corners on their roster.
16. Miami Dolphins - OLB Chad Greenway (Iowa)...Greenway would be a good fit in Nick Sabans defensive scheme.
17. Minnesota Vikings - OLB Ernie Sims (Florida State)...The Vikings need a playmaker at the Linebacker position.
18. Dallas Cowboys - S/CB Jason Allen (Tennessee)...Parcells needs to address his O-Line and find a Safety.
19. San Diego Chargers - CB Ashton Youboty (Ohio State)...The Chargers fill a need in their secondary.
20. Kansas City Chiefs - DE Tamba Hali (Penn State)...The Chiefs are glad that Hali is still on the board.
21. New England Patriots - OLB Manny Lawson (No Carolina St)...Lawson could be the next Willie McGinest for the Pats.
22. Denver Broncos (from Wash) - HB Laurence Maroney (Minnesota)...Maroney will fit perfectly in the Broncos system.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Eric Winston (Miami-Florida)...Jon Gruden will have a hard time passing on Winston.
24. Cincinnati Bengals - TE Leonard Pope (Georgia)...When was the last time the Bengals had a TE that could stretch a D?
25. New York Giants - CB Johnathan Joseph (South Carolina)...The Giants need to upgrade their secondary.
26. Chicago Bears - CB Antonio Cromartie (Florida State)...The Bears have needs at Tight End and the Corner position.
27. Carolina Panthers - DT Broderick Bunkley (Florida State)...The Panthers need to find youth for the middle of their Dline.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB/S Jimmy Williams (Virginia Tech)...The Jaguars are happy that Willliams has slipped to them.
29. Denver Broncos - WR Chad Jackson (Florida)...The Broncos are elated that Jackson is still on the board.
30. Indianapolis Colts - HB Joseph Addai (LSU)...If the Colts lose James then Addai could be the pick...the Colts could trade down and take Addai a bit later but the Steelers picking at #32 may also be eyeing Addai.
31. Seattle Seahawks - WR Santonio Holmes (Ohio State)...The Seahawks fill a need with the selection of Holmes.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - WR Sinorice Moss (Miami-Florida)...Moss can fill in as a WR and a return man to replace Randle El
53. Washington Redskins - *JR DE Stanley McClover (Auburn)...The Redskins are the only team that is without a first round pick so I'm projecting Stanley McClover to the Redskins (If he's still on the board)...McClover has the ability to fly off the edge and put heat on the opposing QB which is just what the Redskins are looking for.
i think Hali slipped quite a bit by not working out at the combine.
at this point, he should be there at 20 for us.
a great pro day workout could send his stock back up though. :shrug:
I've said this before Hali desn't have great "track speed" and average workout numbers. That's the reason why he didn't workout at the combine.
I agree with you guys.
Hopefully he slides right to us at #20.
There's one NFL agent that didn't let any of his players work out at the combine. Hali may be one of those guys, because I know the PSU QB is.
There was a lot of concern over the running surface at this year's combine. Obviouslt the numbers have disspelled that concern.
Hali still has a chance to wow everybody at his pro day. I'm not saying he will or won't, but the ground he lost by not being at the combine could be made up with a good workout.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.