ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What is the best National Mexican food chain. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137503)

Logical 03-17-2006 03:56 PM

What is the best National Mexican food chain.

Just had lunch at El Torito and for a national chain they get my vote. We have much, much better places here locally but that would not make for an interesting thread.

Donger 03-17-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Just had lunch at El Torito and for a national chain they get my vote. We have much, much better places here locally but that would not make for an interesting thread.

Chipotles.

Logical 03-17-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
Chipotles.

Is that the chain that specializes in Burritos. I have never ate at one but I have heard good things about it.

Donger 03-17-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Is that the chain that specializes in Burritos. I have never ate at one but I have heard good things about it.

Yes. Tacos too.

Oh, and it's "Chipotle" not "Chipotles."

I don't speak Mexican.

FAX 03-17-2006 04:05 PM

I don't know if you guys have these in your area or not, but I like Baja Fresh. I think they are (or were) owned by Wendys so they may be national.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 03-17-2006 04:06 PM

Chipotle? Yuck. It's a subsidiary of MacDonalds, and it's far lower on the food scale than Baja Fresh, Sharkey's and Rubio's (they're all "fast food").

I've never been into "chain" Mexican food, but El Torito Grill is better than the normal El Torito and they're both better than Acupulco Mexican Restaurant or Chevy's. Chevy's is nasty. The last time I was at a Chevy's two different people found insects in their dishes! (and this was in the Burbank Media Center - not some off the road joint).

Give me Border Grill in Santa Monica or El Cholo and even El Coyote long before "chain" food.

Logical 03-17-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I don't know if you guys have these in your area or not, but I like Baja Fresh. I think they are (or were) owned by Wendys so they may be national.

FAX

We do but they are a fast food place not a restaurant. Sort of on the order of a downscale Rubio's.

Logical 03-17-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Chipotle? Yuck. It's a subsidiary of MacDonalds, and it's far lower on the food scale than Baja Fresh, Sharkey's and Rubio's (they're all "fast food").

I've never been into "chain" Mexican food, but El Torito Grill is better than the normal El Torito and they're both better than Acupulco Mexican Restaurant or Chevy's. Chevy's is nasty. The last time I was at a Chevy's two different people found insects in their dishes! (and this was in the Burbank Media Center - not some off the road joint).

Give me Border Grill in Santa Monica or El Cholo and even El Coyote long before "chain" food.

I think Border Grill is regional we have one here in Mira Mesa San Diego, I prefer Tio Leos when it comes to the regional ones. I have not heard of the other two you mentioned.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2006 04:18 PM

Taco Bueno.

Logical 03-17-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxlibutscrale
Taco Bueno.

WTF are you being serious?

Google time

Logical 03-17-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goxlibutscrale
Taco Bueno.

Appears to be fast food joint. Not a bad website though.

ChiefsCountry 03-17-2006 04:24 PM

Taco Bell ROFL

FAX 03-17-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

We do but they are a fast food place not a restaurant. Sort of on the order of a downscale Rubio's.

My bad, Mr. Vlad Logicslav. I see the word "chain" and automatically think of fast-food. Funny, that.

Please allow me to formally withdraw my vote as the only Mexican "restaurant" I patronize here is a local, family-owned place.

You may be interested in this, however. Their tacos are unique in my experience and are based on a family recipe handed down to the owners. The meat filling is combined with green peas. A corn tortilla is folded over the filling and held together with toothpicks. Then the whole thing is deep fried until the tortilla is crisp. They are awesome.

I wonder what their family used before toothpicks were invented, though.

FAX

Fish 03-17-2006 04:30 PM

Burrito King???

Ohh never mind....

beavis 03-17-2006 04:33 PM

Is In a Tub a national chain?