ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Morel Mushrooms (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138954)

jspchief 04-14-2006 02:57 PM

Morel Mushrooms

After all the rain, and now these hot temps, I'm guessing Morels are going to be popping big time. I probably won't get out this weekend, but I'll have to make time next week.

Has anyone been out yet? Any luck? Do we need to bump the Morel pic thread?

seclark 04-14-2006 03:07 PM

i've quit hunting shrooms...last year a limb fell out of a tree upside my melon, awarding me w/a dislocated jaw and 23 stitches.

the carpenters working on my house found a few little ones back in the woods though.
sec

Iowanian 04-14-2006 03:09 PM

You didn't know your wife could climb trees did you sec?

I think it'll be soon with the temps as high as they are....

jspchief 04-14-2006 03:10 PM

Jesus. What are the odds of a tree falling in the woods, and some poor sap happening to wander under it at exactly the right (wrong) moment?

Are you in MO? What are the temps down there? We've had sunny and mid 80s for two days straight, so I'm thinking they'll be thick this weekend.

seclark 04-14-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
You didn't know your wife could climb trees did you sec?

she was standing about 10 feet from me. it was a rotten tree and i was trying to impress her by pushing it over. as i was shaking it back and forth, a limb broke off and fell on my noggin. knocked me out colder than a mackeral.
sec

jspchief 04-14-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark
she was standing about 10 feet from me. it was a rotten tree and i was trying to impress her by pushing it over. as i was shaking it back and forth, a limb broke off and fell on my noggin. knocked me out colder than a mackeral.
sec

And here I was, thinking it was some amazing coincidence. I should have known better.

By the way, a mental image of that scenario has me cracking up.

seclark 04-14-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
And here I was, thinking it was some amazing coincidence. I should have known better.

By the way, a mental image of that scenario has me cracking up.

must have been pretty funny. lots of people seem to laugh about it now.
sec

Iowanian 04-14-2006 09:07 PM

I've got $.50 that like all good stories, this one began with a gorilla chest thump and "hey honey, hold mah beer and watch THIS"

CHIEF4EVER 04-14-2006 09:13 PM

My wife found 6 small ones so far but other than that no dice.

Bugeater 04-14-2006 10:20 PM

One of my friends went out today but had no luck, we'll probably try another location on Sunday.

Fire Me Boy! 04-14-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

After all the rain, and now these hot temps, I'm guessing Morels are going to be popping big time. I probably won't get out this weekend, but I'll have to make time next week.

I guess the morel of your story is you're a fun-gi to go hunting with, huh?

greg63 04-14-2006 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Here ya go.

yunghungwell 05-08-2006 10:33 AM

I found 1 1/2 pounds, a little more than half a plastic grocery sack, on Saturday. I wonder how many I missed by waiting so long to get out there. Oh well, I still ate myself sick last night.

htismaqe 05-08-2006 10:37 AM

I got about a pound over the weekend. Some them were pretty crusty. I almost waited too long...

Bob Dole 05-08-2006 10:38 AM

Bob Dole misses morel hunting...