ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Favorite television series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140301)

el borracho 05-04-2006 10:26 PM

Favorite television series

With the release of television shows on DVD we can now spend an infinite amount of time watching old tv series. As much as I loved "Kung Fu" as a kid, I certainly had never seen every episode until the release of the DVDs.

I am, generally speaking, on the verge of being anti-tv (not a moral stance... I just don't find it that interesting) but there is a huuuuuge nostalgia factor for me when watching that show. Additionally, "Caine" is still a geniunely charming character which in most episodes over-rides the inconsistent writing and crappy budget.

Anyway, just wondering...
Who here has seen every single episode of which television series?

Reaper16 05-04-2006 10:27 PM

House, M.D. (so far)
Chappelle's Show
Ren & Stimpy
etc.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-04-2006 10:28 PM

not a big t.v watcher but the ones I like are usually right after each other. Right now I'm watching Entourage, Sopranos, Big Love, My name is Earl, and the Office.

Katipan 05-04-2006 10:29 PM

I've seen every I Love Lucy episode. Only because we didn't have cable when I was growing up.

Every episode of M*A*S*H and The West Wing by choice.

Probably have seen every episode of Married with Children and The Simpsons.

Bugeater 05-04-2006 10:35 PM

If we're talking nostalgia, WKRP in Cincinnati was one of my all time favorites.

OH MY GOD, THEY'RE TURKEYS!!!!!!

ROFL

More recently, Married with Children.

Frazod 05-04-2006 10:36 PM

I'm sure I've seen every episode of the original Star Trek and Next Generation. I've also seen every episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.

I can't say with certainty that I've never missed an episode of anything else, although its possible.

el borracho 05-04-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan
I've seen every I Love Lucy episode. Only because we didn't have cable when I was growing up.

Someone recently gave a some "I Love Lucy" DVDs. I was really curious to see what Ricky was saying all those years.

tk13 05-04-2006 10:39 PM

Hmm, that's tough. I don't think I've seen every single episode of Cheers but pretty close. Considering it lasted like 275 episodes that's pretty good.

I have seen every episode of "The Office" so far... I don't forsee that changing anytime soon. It's only been what... 27 episodes so far.

Frazod 05-04-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

The last few years of M*A*S*H were pretty sad. I quit watching completely after Radar left, and it was lame as hell at that point.

The first three seasons of M*A*S*H are among the best comedies ever on TV, right up there with WKRP and Cheers.

el borracho 05-04-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts
not a big t.v watcher but the ones I like are usually right after each other. Right now I'm watching Entourage, Sopranos, Big Love, My name is Earl, and the Office.

My friend lent me the first two seasons of "The Sopranos". They were pretty good but I don't think I like watching the episodes back-to-back. Cussing and killing started to look normal and blasé.

|Zach| 05-04-2006 10:40 PM

West Wing
Sealab 2021
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Office
Scrubs

leviw 05-04-2006 10:42 PM

Ummm....

Seinfeld.

Everything else is irrelevant.

el borracho 05-04-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

I watched a lot of MASH growing up... not every episode but a lot. Do you remember the one where Hawkeye is trying to verify the id of one of the Vietnamese and the guy just says, "I am me" to which Hawkeye responds, "Well, I guess you wouldn't lie about that." Classic.

el borracho 05-04-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I'm sure I've seen every episode of the original Star Trek and Next Generation. I've also seen every episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.

I can't say with certainty that I've never missed an episode of anything else, although its possible.

I have seen a lot of the original "Star Trek" but I am not sure I have seen all of them. It's possible... weren't there only like 3 or 4 seasons of the original?

Frazod 05-04-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leviw
Ummm....

Seinfeld.

Everything else is irrelevant.

This may well be the most overrated show in the history of television. I'll never understand how anybody outside of New York City could care about it.