ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   PSA, your teeth (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142971)

bogie 06-29-2006 10:42 AM

PSA, your teeth

Take this to the heart, teach your children to have good dental hygene. That includes you taking them to the dentist for regular cleanings. For young adults, if you are ignoring your teeth, stop it! Brush, floss and see your dentist regularly! I had poor dental hygene as a kid. I am really paying for it now, mentaly, physically and financially. I blame myself, but mostly I blame my parents for letting me get away with it. My kid brushes twice a day and rinses with some kind recommended plax stuff and she visits the detist regularly. Don't be a dumbass, they're the only teeth you get! End of PSA, now back to your regularly scheduled progam.
PS, I know my spelling is shitty but I have to stop giving a shit. I spend to much time checking my spelling, out of fear for the spelling police.

pr_capone 06-29-2006 10:44 AM

Man...... the tooth fairy is gonna be pissed at you.

bogie 06-29-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
Man...... the tooth fairy is gonna be pissed at you.

ROFL

DaKCMan AP 06-29-2006 10:47 AM

eh, now you can just regrow them.

hypersensitiveZO6 06-29-2006 10:48 AM

http://campus.queens.edu/depts/engli... TOOTHLESS.JPG

bogie 06-29-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
eh, now you can just regrow them.

@ $20k to $30k you sure can.

bogie 06-29-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperliteZO6

grandpa bogie.

DaKCMan AP 06-29-2006 10:57 AM

chump change :D

is that how much it is?

Quote:

Smile! A new Canadian tool can re-grow teeth say inventors

Snaggle-toothed hockey players and sugar lovers may soon rejoice as Canadian scientists said they have created the first device able to re-grow teeth and bones.

The researchers at the University of Alberta in Edmonton filed patents earlier this month in the United States for the tool based on low-intensity pulsed ultrasound technology after testing it on a dozen dental patients in Canada.

"Right now, we plan to use it to fix fractured or diseased teeth, as well as asymmetric jawbones, but it may also help hockey players or children who had their tooth knocked out," Jie Chen, an engineering professor and nano-circuit design expert, told AFP.

Chen helped create the tiny ultrasound machine that gently massages gums and stimulates tooth growth from the root once inserted into a person's mouth, mounted on braces or a removable plastic crown.
The wireless device, smaller than a pea, must be activated for 20 minutes each day for four months to stimulate growth, he said.

It can also stimulate jawbone growth to fix a person's crooked smile and may eventually allow people to grow taller by stimulating bone growth, Chen said.

Tarek El-Bialy, a new member of the university's dentistry faculty, first tested the low-intensity pulsed ultrasound treatment to repair dental tissue in rabbits in the late 1990s.

His research was published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and later presented at the World Federation of Orthodontics in Paris in September 2005.

With the help of Chen and Ying Tsui, another engineering professor, the initial massive handheld device was shrunk to fit inside a person's mouth.

It is still at the prototype stage, but the trio expects to commercialize it within two years, Chen said.

The bigger version has already received approvals from American and Canadian regulatory bodies, he noted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060628...HE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Troy1220 06-29-2006 11:01 AM

My dentist always told me to just floss the ones you want to keep.

Troy

bogie 06-29-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
chump change :D

is that how much it is?

Wow, cool, I've never heard of this. Sounds like it's really new technology that probably won't get to most people in this generation. I think a tube of tooth paste and some dental floss will be cheaper. The $20 - $30k was for implants.

bogie 06-29-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy1220
My dentist always told me to just floss the ones you want to keep.

Troy

So true. :clap:

FringeNC 06-29-2006 11:45 AM

Don't have the link, but some scientists have genetically modified bateria that reside in the mout to not produce the lactic acid which causes the tooth decay. One injected into the mouth, the new bacteria will take over, and voila, no tooth decay.

Rain Man 06-29-2006 11:48 AM

I only have 28 teeth, and only 27 are permanent teeth. I'm a genetic misfit, but even so I practice good dental hygiene.

bogie 06-29-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I only have 28 teeth, and only 27 are permanent teeth. I'm a genetic misfit, but even so I practice good dental hygiene.

Genetics play an important role. But even good genetics won't produce good teeth without proper care. You are not a misfit Hermey. No one knows better than you the importants of seeing a dentist.