ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Posting skills confession (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143280)

bogie 07-06-2006 12:05 PM

Posting skills confession

My name is Jeff and I'm a bad poster. I don't know if it's because I'm not interesting, I come off as a dumbass or because there are some fundamental things that I am doing wrong. Maybe people don't like me? In real life I'm a very likable person. What am I missing? For you successful posters, does it come naturally, or did you develope posting skills as you went along? Flame away. If there is some constructive criticism I all eyes.

Donger 07-06-2006 12:06 PM

How different, if at all, is your online persona from your 'real world' persona?

DaKCMan AP 07-06-2006 12:07 PM

You're just not up to par.

JimNasium 07-06-2006 12:08 PM

Play to your skills. I find that dumbassery is my forte'.

hypersensitiveZO6 07-06-2006 12:08 PM

I thought you were going to say:

"My name is Jeff and I'm an alcoholic."

hypersensitiveZO6 07-06-2006 12:11 PM

Don't feel bad. I've had 798 unsuccessful posts and I'm still going.

morphius 07-06-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
Play to your skills. I find that dumbassery is my forte'.

Exactly! Terrible spelling and an almost unreadable sentence structure, with random turret like thoughts tossed in, has moved me all the way up to site admin.

ChiTown 07-06-2006 12:19 PM

It's called the

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Exactly! Terrible spelling and an almost unreadable sentence structure, with random turret like thoughts tossed in, has moved me all the way up to site admin.

Peter Principle...........

:p

FAX 07-06-2006 12:26 PM

I must disagree with the premise of your thread starter, Mr. bogie. Personally, I enjoy your posts. I really liked your post about the orange juice factory, for example.

If you're really concerned though, here's a tip. Sit back in your chair, close your eyes and relax your mind and body. Then, when you're completely at ease and your mind has quieted, visualize yourself with chicken soup noodles stuck to your back and coasting down a mountain in an apricot BMW in search of a rock store. Pretend in your mind that you're really there. Feel the heat of the noodles ... the satisfaction of driving such a remarkable automobile ... the anticipation of finding good rocks. Then, when you're ready, post. I think that will work.

FAX

sedated 07-06-2006 12:28 PM

How does one judge a successful post?

hypersensitiveZO6 07-06-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I must disagree with the premise of your thread starter, Mr. bogie. Personally, I enjoy your posts. I really liked your post about the orange juice factory, for example.

If you're really concerned though, here's a tip. Sit back in your chair, close your eyes and relax your mind and body. Then, when you're completely at ease and your mind has quieted, visualize yourself with chicken soup noodles stuck to your back and coasting down a mountain in an apricot BMW in search of a rock store. Pretend in your mind that you're really there. Feel the heat of the noodles ... the satisfaction of driving such a remarkable automobile ... the anticipation of finding good rocks. Then, when you're ready, post. I think that will work.

FAX

....HAH!..so that's how you do it. ROFL

onescrewleftuntwisted 07-06-2006 12:31 PM

i have no advice for you just about everyone on here hates me or ignores me in time you will 2

htismaqe 07-06-2006 12:32 PM

It just comes naturally.

At least it does for FAX.

htismaqe 07-06-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
Peter Principle...........

:p

I'll make you a site admin too. Just don't talk about Morph's Peter anymore...

epitome1170 07-06-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX

FAX

Does it help to wear orange pants while visualizing this?