ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Tigers Game #2- Deja Vu? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143720)

petegz28 07-14-2006 06:09 PM

Royals Tigers Game #2- Deja Vu?

4-0 Royals top of the 2nd Teahen as a 3 run jack.

58-4ever 07-14-2006 06:18 PM

This thread title makes you a jinx. JINX!

teedubya 07-14-2006 06:52 PM

Teahan is on fire.

petegz28 07-14-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs
Teahan is on fire.

Sure is at the plate anyway.

tk13 07-14-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28
Sure is at the plate anyway.

He is in the field too. Well last night he had the error. Before last night though, he had only committed 1 error in his previous 28 games. That is outstanding for a third baseman.

Hammock Parties 07-14-2006 06:56 PM

What the hell lit the spark under Teahen's ass? That kid is playing the best baseball at the plate ive seen in a while from a Royals player. He's smahing the shit outta the ball, i hope to god its not just a little fluke right now.

petegz28 07-14-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
He is in the field too. Well last night he had the error. Before last night though, he had only committed 1 error in his previous 28 games. That is outstanding for a third baseman.

yeah but he has made some bad throws turning doubl eplays..one cost us a game against the twins

Hammock Parties 07-14-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

yeah but he has made some bad throws turning doubl eplays..one cost us a game against the twins

I think his defense will come around just fine, thats the thing they looked at when getting teahen, his exceptional defense. He's made some prety damned good plays, but made some stupid ass plays like last night, Im not worried about it, I know he'll come around on defense.

tk13 07-14-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but it seems like everybody remembers the handful of bad plays. Nobody seems to remember all the great plays he makes. I don't know why. Really he's still young and hasn't committed an absurd number of errors compared to other young third basemen. His big problem seems to be the occassional throw, you'd think that's something he can fix, not just random mental lapses like Berroa. If he can't, I guess we can just slide him across to first. Although Gordon will probably have to go through the same kinda learning period. Even guys like Rolen and Randa committed a lot of errors early in their career.

petegz28 07-14-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but it seems like everybody remembers the handful of bad plays. Nobody seems to remember all the great plays he makes. I don't know why. Really he's still young and hasn't committed an absurd number of errors compared to other young third basemen. His big problem seems to be the occassional throw, you'd think that's something he can fix, not just random mental lapses like Berroa. If he can't, I guess we can just slide him across to first. Although Gordon will probably have to go through the same kinda learning period. Even guys like Rolen and Randa committed a lot of errors early in their career.

I am not saying he sucks. Just saying his offense is a lot better than his defense right now. I like his arm. He just makes too many dumb errors..the first error last night I say shit happens...2nd error was a dumb ass throw

WilliamTheIrish 07-14-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but it seems like everybody remembers the handful of bad plays. Nobody seems to remember all the great plays he makes. I don't know why.....

The reason people seem to remember his E's is because his bat was so bad.
If he'd been hitting BB's all over the place like he has for the last 3 weeks, nobody would remember the occasional errant throw.

petegz28 07-14-2006 07:55 PM

turn your glove around brown!

keg in kc 07-14-2006 07:57 PM

Teahen's a solid fielder, he's just young.

I don't know what happened when they sent him down, but they woke up the bat that make him a prized prospect a few years back. He keeps playing like this, and progresses even a little, he's going to make that trade look pretty good. I'm already starting to forget about Randa.

This logjam at 3rd base is going to get interesting next year, though...

petegz28 07-14-2006 07:59 PM

so Berroa will be the homerun hitter tonight to commit the error that will cost us the game

Mr. Laz 07-14-2006 08:00 PM

berroa is such a tool