ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why is everyone freaking out over Roaf? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144518)

Moooo 07-28-2006 08:54 PM

Why is everyone freaking out over Roaf?

Lets start off by saying I personally think he was the most important person on the Offense other than the Backfield (Gonzo included). I'm not debating his importance.

That being said, why is everyone going nuts? Its not like freaking out and panicking is solving the problem. At this point its in the hands of the coaching staff. They have a MONTH AND A HALF to figure out who will be the most reasonable suitor, and consequently get a good system going.

Everything I've seen says synchronization with the other members of the O-line and also the backfield is the most important aspect of the performance of a lineman. Whoever replaces him will have all that time to learn the subtleties of Waters, Green, LJ and the other linemen as well. Its not going to be like it was last year when the player was thrown in to an offense with players he wasn't used to working with, or an offense which is designed around a pro-bowl tackle. Now we have time to make the necessary changes to work with this accordingly.

I'm not putting people down for freaking out. I just don't get it at all... It doesn't make sense so if someone can explain why you freak out (when it doesn't make the situation better), I would appreciate it.

Moooo

Rain Man 07-28-2006 08:57 PM

Roaf is gone! He's gone! Do you understand this? Gone! He's not going to be back! He won't be playing! Gone! My Super Bowl dreams are dead! Dead, I say! Roaf is gone! He's not hear any more! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Wa-Z 07-28-2006 08:58 PM

THE WORLD HAS COME TO AN END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Lassie 07-28-2006 09:01 PM

BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK! (GRRRRR, SNARL)

BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!

ChiefsFire 07-28-2006 09:05 PM

"Its the end of the world as we know it...."

listopencil 07-28-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
That being said, why is everyone going nuts?
Moooo

The same reason us Bronco fans freaked out when our O-Line started coming apart years ago. The O-Line is a team within the team. Having a truly superior O-Line depends on lots of variables and it's awesome to see it click. Losing an OT or a Center is huge. Losing a LT can ruin the O-Line altogether.

milkman 07-28-2006 09:17 PM

Moooo, you're new here, aren't you?

Logical 07-28-2006 09:18 PM

My opinion is people had unrealistic expectations to begin with then let them get completely out of hand when we signed Ty Law. They have now had it all come crashing back to reality with the Roaf retirement and their expectations are laying scattered among broken dreams.

Moooo 07-28-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil
The same reason us Bronco fans freaked out when our O-Line started coming apart years ago. The O-Line is a team within the team. Having a truly superior O-Line depends on lots of variables and it's awesome to see it click. Losing an OT or a Center is huge. Losing a LT can ruin the O-Line altogether.

Yes, but freaking out doesn't make the situation better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
Moooo, you're new here, aren't you?

What I find here is not exclusive to ChiefsPlanet. It seems to happen in a lot of places. I don't understand panic. Then again I'm not very emotional. I don't get a lot of funny things, or sad things or things like this as well...

Moooo

listopencil 07-28-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
Yes, but freaking out doesn't make the situation better.

What I find here is not exclusive to ChiefsPlanet. It seems to happen in a lot of places. I don't understand panic. Then again I'm not very emotional. I don't get a lot of funny things, or sad things or things like this as well...

Moooo

Yeah, freaking out about it doesn't help, but when you think you have a strength going into the season only to have that turned into a weakness on the opening day of Training Camp it forces you to re-evaluate your team. As I see Logical has already pointed out in his own way.

Moooo 07-28-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil
Yeah, freaking out about it doesn't help, but when you think you have a strength going into the season only to have that turned into a weakness on the opening day of Training Camp it forces you to re-evaluate your team. As I see Logical has already pointed out in his own way.

It still perplexes me. But then again, so does rap music, the number zero, and golf.

Moooo

BigVE 07-28-2006 09:29 PM

What irritates me most is the timing of it...if he would have made up his mind earlier we may have been able to find a more adequate replacement. I guess we will just have to see what we have in Jordan Black or Turley whoever.

luv 07-28-2006 09:30 PM

I think people panic at him leaving for the same reason they think that one player is going to cure whatever ails our defense.

sedated 07-28-2006 09:31 PM

let's see...

without roaf, we will have a shitty offensive line

(did you see the games without roaf? utterly pathetic. btw, we went 2-5 in those games - with our only wins coming against the faiders)

...so, with all the offseason LJ hype, defenses will aim to stop the running game

...and no running game hurts the defense.

...and the (2nd) most important player, Trent Green, probably won't last half the season with all the pressure he will now see.

no passing, no running, no defense.

why are we freaking out again?

Moooo 07-28-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
let's see...

without roaf, we will have a shitty offensive line

...so, with all the offseason LJ hype, defenses will aim to stop the running game

...and no running game hurts the defense.

...and the (2nd) most important player, Trent Green, probably won't last half the season with all the pressure he will now see.

no passing, no running, no defense.

why are we freaking out again?

I never said it wasn't an issue for concern, I asked why everyone is freaking out. It doesn't make Roaf come back, or Black or Turley play better.

Moooo