ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pinkston set to leave the Eagles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146544)

pr_capone 08-29-2006 08:50 PM

Pinkston set to leave the Eagles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2565423

Quote:

The Monday trade that brought the Philadelphia Eagles speedy fifth-year veteran Donte' Stallworth has suddenly created a bit of a logjam at wide receiver, and the team could be looking to move some bodies.

Starting with former starter Todd Pinkston, the six-year veteran who missed the entire 2005 season with a torn right Achilles, and who has been limited for much of training camp.

ESPN.com has learned that Eagles officials have granted Pinkston and agent Joel Segal permission to speak with other teams about a potential trade. It is not certain what Philadelphia would be seeking in return for Pinkston, who could be extraneous, given the glut of receivers on the roster.

As of Tuesday afternoon, three teams had indicated an interest in Pinkston, a second-round selection in the 2000 draft. At least two of the three receiver-needy franchises would likely view Pinkston as a starter, if he is healthy. Pinkston has conceded, though, he is not pain-free yet as he continues to recover from the Achilles injury suffered last summer in training camp.

Even teams legitimately interested in Pinkston will have some concerns about his health and also might be willing to gamble that he will be released this weekend, when teams must reduce their rosters to the regular season limit of 53 players. Philadelphia is set at the two starting wideout spots, with Stallworth and second-year veteran Reggie Brown, and the coaches like some of the youngsters they've brought in, too.

The teams interested in Pinkston likely are attracted by his outstanding deep speed and career average of 15.3 yards per catch.

During camp this summer, Pinkston has battled tendinitis in both Achilles, and he has missed considerable practice time. Not until last week was Pinkston able to log an entire week of full-speed practices, and his appearance in last Friday night's exhibition victory over Pittsburgh was his first of the preseason. He had one reception for four yards.

A former Southern Mississippi standout, the reed-thin Pinkston has played in 78 games, including 68 as a starter, and has 184 receptions for 2,816 yards and 14 touchdowns. His best season was in 2002, when he had 60 catches for 798 yards and seven touchdowns.
Pinkston to Kansas City rumors in 5...... 4...... 3...... 2......

Rain Man 08-29-2006 08:52 PM

I wonder if we'll try to pick him up.

pr_capone 08-29-2006 08:55 PM

I personally would not mind seeing Pinkston in the 2 or 3 spot depending on wether Parker can hold on to the bal or not.

DaFace 08-29-2006 08:55 PM

I'm all for looking into new WR's, but they'd better be damn good if we give up anything in a trade. Unless of course we can convince someone to take Hicks and Siavii off our hands, I guess.

chagrin 08-29-2006 08:55 PM

Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston, Stinkston. Stinkston, Stinkston!!!!!!

Brock 08-29-2006 08:55 PM

Don't call him Stinkston.

Deberg_1990 08-29-2006 09:00 PM

I garuantee a decent veteran WR will get cut in the final cut downs next week. The Chiefs are just waiting.......

chagrin 08-29-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
"You ever caught a pass across the middle in the NFL?"

You're slipping Brock

:p

TRR 08-29-2006 09:03 PM

Have you ever gone over the middle against an NFL secondary?

chagrin 08-29-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
Have you ever gone over the middle against an NFL secondary?

Yeah, that too!

hypersensitiveZO6 08-29-2006 09:11 PM

No receiver caught a pass in the Lambs game besides EK and Parker.

Something needs to be done.

Basileus777 08-29-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperliteZO6
No receiver caught a pass in the Lambs game besides EK and Parker.

Something needs to be done.

Todd Pinkston is not the answer. He sucked before he got hurt.

Rain Man 08-29-2006 09:49 PM

My enduring memory of Pinkston is a story about Donovan McNabb holding a press conference about getting a Bobblehead doll modeled after him, back when Bobbleheads were somewhat unusual. I read an article that he kept laughing because Pinkston was standing with the reporters bobbing his head during the conference.

Kylo Ren 08-29-2006 09:53 PM

Let's MOVE ON or MOVE OUT!!

chop 08-29-2006 10:22 PM

Red rover, red rover send Charles Rogers on over.

I don't think that he'll be cut but he would be a better option than Pinkston.