ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Page may have earned a starting job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147543)

B_Ambuehl 09-11-2006 08:35 PM

Page may have earned a starting job

Funny I had a feeling he'd end up starting before Pollard.

Chiefs | Knight takes a seat
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:17:04 -0700

Adam Teicher and Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, report Kansas City Chiefs S Jarrad Page played most of the second half at safety in place of veteran S Sammy Knight. The Chiefs were unhappy that Knight blew coverage on a couple of pass plays, but it's unclear whether the change is permanent.

Hammock Parties 09-11-2006 08:36 PM

I wish I had taped the game, because I'd have liked to go back and watch for Page.

It's pretty shocking that a 7th rounder is out there instead of Pollard.

Also, does anyone think Vermeil would have benched Knight? No effin' way.

siberian khatru 09-11-2006 08:36 PM

:clap:

B_Ambuehl 09-11-2006 08:40 PM

I might be wrong but Page strikes me as more of a complete football player than Pollard. Pollard seems to be more interested in lining up for the big hit instead of making tackles and playing the ball....although I know he did have that one interception in preseason.

DaFace 09-11-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl
I might be wrong but Page strikes me as more of a complete football player than Pollard. Pollard seems to be more interested in lining up for the big hit instead of making tackles and playing the ball....although I know he did have that one interception in preseason.

That INT was just a matter of him being in the right place at the right time IIRC. It's wasn't that he made a good play on the ball - just caught a tip.

TEX 09-11-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
I wish I had taped the game, because I'd have liked to go back and watch for Page.

It's pretty shocking that a 7th rounder is out there instead of Pollard.

Also, does anyone think Vermeil would have benched Knight? No effin' way.

Well this would explain allot. A friend of mine suggested that Page was ahead of Pollard because of how the game went yesterday and I said that maybe Pollard was hurt on a Special Teams play or something. Looks like I was wrong.

JBucc 09-11-2006 08:46 PM

So they are reporting that he played most of the second half. Must've been hard to dig that one up.

Anyong Bluth 09-11-2006 08:53 PM

I thought Page was just as highly regarded and his off the field issues made him a draft risk- which is why Herm was so estatic when he dropped to them and they got him. I've always thought that Page was more of a cover safety than Bonecrusher, but maybe I just dreampt up all this crap...

I like Knight, but if he can't keep the coverage then he's gotta sit.. I would personally like to see Pollard, Page and Fox as others have said.

I think Bell still playing is a pride thing for Gun maybe? Hopefully, this changes.

But if we are getting play out of a 7th rounder that's a good sign for the future in getting some quality D talent...

Halfcan 09-11-2006 09:24 PM

Wesley should be gone next-what a bonehead.

ChiefsCountry 09-11-2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocina_Basement
I thought Page was just as highly regarded and his off the field issues made him a draft risk- which is why Herm was so estatic when he dropped to them and they got him. I've always thought that Page was more of a cover safety than Bonecrusher, but maybe I just dreampt up all this crap...

I like Knight, but if he can't keep the coverage then he's gotta sit.. I would personally like to see Pollard, Page and Fox as others have said.

I think Bell still playing is a pride thing for Gun maybe? Hopefully, this changes.

But if we are getting play out of a 7th rounder that's a good sign for the future in getting some quality D talent...

Bonecrusher was the one with the off field issues.

Page slipped in the draft bc teams were unsure if we would play baseball or football.

blueballs 09-11-2006 09:28 PM

maybe bonecrusher will
crack the bonehead

Deberg_1990 09-11-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
That INT was just a matter of him being in the right place at the right time IIRC. It's wasn't that he made a good play on the ball - just caught a tip.

You just described the entire career of Greg Wesley.

Dave Lane 09-11-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs
maybe bonecrusher will
crack the bonehead

Can you actually hit the head coach?

Dave

Dave Lane 09-11-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs
maybe bonecrusher will
crack the bonehead

Can you actually put a hit on the head coach?

Dave

Anyong Bluth 09-11-2006 09:36 PM

I thought Page had issue too.... like I said, its all in a fog!