ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Game-Plan: LJ all day--crossing and seam patterns to Gonzo & Eddie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147828)

Mr. Kotter 09-15-2006 03:08 PM

Game-Plan: LJ all day--crossing and seam patterns to Gonzo & Eddie

With Huard, it's our best bet (and based on what Herm is saying)....

It's likely to be a lot of double TE sets, and max protect in obvious passing situations.

With deep balls, Kennison and Parker better hold onto the few opportunities they will get. Otherwise, Denver will put 9 in the box pretty quick....

If our Defense can pressure Jake the Fake into a couple of TOs, and if they can stop the run on first down....

If we don't become entirely one-dimensional and predictable--especially on first down...

I really think we can make a game of it against the Donks. That's a managable number of "ifs".....isn't it? :hmmm:

Otherwise, we are likely 0-2 to start. :(

Mr. Kotter 09-15-2006 03:13 PM

Anyone got Herm's cell number. I think I'll call him.... ;)

ChiefFan31 09-15-2006 03:17 PM

I like it. Sounds good to me Mr. Kotter.

We need to keep it simple and focus on execution. This team is not void of talent and is capable of winning football games. Yes, I did really need to say that.

Win or Lose, I want to see the Chiefs play disciplined and with heart.

runnercyclist 09-15-2006 03:25 PM

3 and out get used to it

Megbert 09-15-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnercyclist
3 and out get used to it

especially when Dungvar is on offense.

runnercyclist 09-15-2006 03:34 PM

3 and out I fear

Megbert 09-15-2006 03:36 PM

Maybe some 4 wide receiver sets too. Make em spread out and give LJ some lanes.

ChiefFan31 09-15-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZChiefFan
Maybe some 4 wide receiver sets too. Make em spread out and give LJ some lanes.

True Dat, we need some more seven step drops and nothing but deep patterns. Hell with the short stuff, we need chunks!!

2112 09-15-2006 04:06 PM

I wish they would have thrown some more screen passes to larry johnson last week..it would have slown down the pass rush..maybe the Chiefs can do it this week..

it seemed like the Chiefs made no adjustments last week..

screens and misdirections is my idea for keeping the broncos off balance..

CupidStunt 09-15-2006 04:07 PM

It boils down to four things: (1) protect the passer; (2) rush the passer; (3) open holes for Johnson; and (4) plug the holes that Denver creates and stop the Bells.

I think there's a good chance that we win the football game if we are successful in three of the four key areas listed above. Do all four and we're laughing.

Hydrae 09-15-2006 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFan31
True Dat, we need some more seven step drops and nothing but deep patterns. Hell with the short stuff, we need chunks!!

You really do hate Huard don't you?

wazu 09-15-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae
You really do hate Huard don't you?

I don't hate him, but he was saying all the things I hate this week. "We need to get first downs", "we need to chew the clock and keep our defense off the field".

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

NO YOU DON'T! You need to score POINTS! I don't care if you score a TD on the first play from scrimmage on every drive, and don't get one single first down all day! Score POINTS! It's that simple. That's what takes the pressure off your defense.

runnercyclist 09-15-2006 06:25 PM

Over 99% of the time the team that scores the most points wins

Smed1065 09-15-2006 06:27 PM

We need to win IMO sloppy or otherwise.

Hydrae 09-15-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I don't hate him, but he was saying all the things I hate this week. "We need to get first downs", "we need to chew the clock and keep our defense off the field".

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

NO YOU DON'T! You need to score POINTS! I don't care if you score a TD on the first play from scrimmage on every drive, and don't get one single first down all day! Score POINTS! It's that simple. That's what takes the pressure off your defense.

If Huard is taking 7 step drops all day, he will be visiting Trent's room at the hospital is all I am saying. This is a great way to get him killed.

But then we can see how Croyle looks in a real game! :)