ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ESPN Mobile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148951)

KC2004 10-03-2006 07:53 AM

ESPN Mobile

Well i've had it for about a month and love it. Went to their site today and my service will end December 31st, 2006. They are selling out to another nationwide service. Granted I have a $160 credit and probably will never pay to use it but knowing my luck the new carrier wont be available in my area! :#

DAMN YOU ESPN!!!!! :evil:

http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resou...espnmobile.jpg

ChiefsfaninPA 10-03-2006 08:07 AM

All good things must come to an end.

jidar 10-03-2006 08:08 AM

yeah I hear it was a colossal bomb. Had 10s of thousands of subscribers when it needed hundreds to break even.

alpha_omega 10-03-2006 08:09 AM

Yep...saw an article on that in the paper the other day.

What a waste of all that cash they spent on advertising.

jspchief 10-03-2006 08:11 AM

The entire premise is pretty stupid IMO. With the entire universe having access to the internet, television, and sports radio, there's just not enough scenarios where it's worth paying extra to have that service.

DMAC 10-03-2006 08:17 AM

I wonder how their INsider is doing?

I hope it is failing as well.

pr_capone 10-03-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Its a sad time when one can go to espn's website and have to pay for most of their content. And even then, it is nothing that you couldnt find on another site. Also, having a video automatically start every time you visit their site is ****ing annoying too.

cbssportsline is the only way to go right now... even though they are starting to get a shit load of pop-ups.

**** ESPN and **** Stuart Scott's lazy eye.

Robo-Chachi 10-03-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Its a sad time when one can go to espn's website and have to pay for most of their content. And even then, it is nothing that you couldnt find on another site. Also, having a video automatically start every time you visit their site is ****ing annoying too.

cbssportsline is the only way to go right now... even though they are starting to get a shit load of pop-ups.

**** ESPN and **** Stuart Scott's lazy eye.

Yeah, I really hate all these sites that have audio/video start playing when you're there. KMBC.com is another one. It makes it hard to surf the net at work when you have to dive for the mute button quickly.

CNNSI.com is a pretty good site as well.

TN_Chief 10-03-2006 09:31 AM

ESPN mobile was an MVNO that ran on Sprint's backbone. If you had EM and got reception, just go with Sprint (hell, they may just roll you to them automatically).

FWIW, ESPN is not abandoning the concept, just trying to deliver it themselves. They're trying to license the content to other cellular providers...so it'd be a subscription service through Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, etc.

DMAC 10-03-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
**** Stuart Scott's lazy eye.

Nah, he's cool man. He has a disease.

FloridaMan88 10-03-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

The credit card I opened my account on ESPN Insider expired 2 years ago and yet I still have access to Insider.

Quite an operation they are running over there

TN_Chief 10-03-2006 09:49 AM

The real question is are you still being charged? If so...that's quite a credit card company you've got there.

The Rick 10-03-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Nah, he's cool man. He has a disease.

No, actually, he got hit in the eye with a football while visiting one NFL team's training camp. The Jets maybe? Anyway, I think it's more of an injury (which keeps getting worse?)...

JBucc 10-03-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick
No, actually, he got hit in the eye with a football while visiting one NFL team's training camp. The Jets maybe? Anyway, I think it's more of an injury (which keeps getting worse?)...

Really? I didn't know that. Who threw the football?

DMAC 10-03-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick

I think it caused a disease, which is why it keeps getting worse.

I wonder what it is? That eye is almost down to the middle of his cheek!