ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm excited about Wilson at FB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150111)

Hoover 10-18-2006 08:57 AM

I'm excited about Wilson at FB

While he will never be T-Rich, but he could great in his own way.

True H Backs are hard as hell to defend, especially when matched with a running back like LJ who can catch the ball as well. Wilson could be a better version of Larry Centers.

Anyone else excited?

JBucc 10-18-2006 08:59 AM

yeah....totally ecstatic

Brock 10-18-2006 09:00 AM

yay!

FringeNC 10-18-2006 09:00 AM

I have no confidence in Herm/Solari using him creatively/effectively.

trndobrd 10-18-2006 09:01 AM

My enthusiasm is tempered by the possibility that our O-line may continue to be "consistent".

Archie Bunker 10-18-2006 09:03 AM

To be honest I am excited.

I think he can be a legit weapon in the passing game out of the backfield. He might have the best hands on the team and playing FB should allow him to get some favorable matchups against LBs and safetys.

Fire Me Boy! 10-18-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
While he will never be T-Rich, but he could great in his own way.

True H Backs are hard as hell to defend, especially when matched with a running back like LJ who can catch the ball as well. Wilson could be a better version of Larry Centers.

Anyone else excited?

I actually agree with you... Wilson really has shown a fair amount of ability, but for some reason hasn't been able to get on the field. That may be because of his "tweener" status, but yeah I'm kind of excited about seeing him on a consistent basis. Hopefully he'll show us why we spent a second round draft pick on him.

Brock 10-18-2006 09:08 AM

It's unfortunate that we are forced to unveil Project X before the planned launch in the playoffs.

chagrin 10-18-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
It's unfortunate that we are forced to unveil Project X before the planned launch in the playoffs.

LOL!
discuss

HemiEd 10-18-2006 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, Kris is getting his shot!

SLAG 10-18-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
I actually agree with you... Wilson really has shown a fair amount of ability, but for some reason hasn't been able to get on the field. That may be because of his "tweener" status, but yeah I'm kind of excited about seeing him on a consistent basis. Hopefully he'll show us why we spent a second round draft pick on him.

I agree with both of you-

Wilson is a great thread and from what we have seen is very physical and can get some good seperation-.

But I do know why we spent a 2nd rounder on him- Tony G is in his 30's and could get hurt at anytime - if we want to stay consistant in the Passing game by using the TE like we do then he was good insurance for Tony G just like LJ was for Holmes

ChiefsFan4Life 10-18-2006 09:19 AM

Said in Michael Scott's voice:

"SECRET WEAPOOOOOOOOOOON!"

alanm 10-18-2006 09:22 AM

Can he block?

StcChief 10-18-2006 09:24 AM

Unveiling the secret weapon vs. Dolts...

hope it doesn't backfire.

Hoover 10-18-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
Can he block?

This is the biggest question. I think he will be fine pass blocking, but I want to know if he can run block. I woudl think he would add a lot of speed when LT runs wide on a sweep.