ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mock Draft from NFLCountdown... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150230)

Coogs 10-20-2006 07:57 AM

Mock Draft from NFLCountdown...

I know a lot of you are not interested in this type of stuff, but I like college football as well as the NFL. What I like about this draft site is the analysis they give on each of the players. Here it is...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Brock 10-20-2006 08:01 AM

I'd be okay with Branch or Jake Long.

Hammock Parties 10-20-2006 08:03 AM

Rather have that WR from Notre Dame.

Coogs 10-20-2006 08:03 AM

Oh.... one more note. I was listening to someone on the radio talking about the Cardinals, and they started talking about the top OT's in the draft the last few years. The last three top rated OT's prior to this past season (Jets) have all been busts. The ones from the Cardinals, the Bills, and the Raiders were all selected very high, and none have met the expectation level.

JBucc 10-20-2006 08:05 AM

I'd be cool with him, Long, Jarret, hell even Polusnzy

Otter 10-20-2006 08:06 AM

Maybe I'm biased but would you blame Brady Quinn if he pulled a Peyton Manning on Oakland?

I wouldn't want to start my career in that train wreck.

phisherman 10-20-2006 08:08 AM

i like to call it, "pulling an elway"

Brock 10-20-2006 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
Oh.... one more note. I was listening to someone on the radio talking about the Cardinals, and they started talking about the top OT's in the draft the last few years. The last three top rated OT's prior to this past season (Jets) have all been busts. The ones from the Cardinals, the Bills, and the Raiders were all selected very high, and none have met the expectation level.

Yeah....what's up with that?

Easy 6 10-20-2006 08:26 AM

I was pretty sure Gallery would be a monster from what i had seen leading up to the draft. Just goes to show what Unkl Al's Misguided Children will do to a guy.

Chiefnj 10-20-2006 08:35 AM

Do those of you who watch college football really think Brady Quinn is so good? I've seen a couple of ND games this year and wasn't very impressed.

jspchief 10-20-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Rather have that WR from Notre Dame.

Are you on drugs? It will likely take several years for a rookie WR to make an impact, while a lineman could be an immediate upgrade.

Get the WR through FA, the linemen through the draft.

jspchief 10-20-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Do those of you who watch college football really think Brady Quinn is so good? I've seen a couple of ND games this year and wasn't very impressed.

No. I think he's a product of Weis' system. From what I've seen, he's not a real accurate passer, and can be a little jumpy in the pocket.

I think the appeal is that he's already playing in a pro style system, but in my unprofessional opinion, he's not going to be a great pro.

chagrin 10-20-2006 08:40 AM

Heh, Go Blue baby! I would love to see this guy Pluggin up holes for our Defense. Have you all seen this guy play? Shit dude, he is agressive, gets after it, doesn't just sit there.

Side note, Cleveland and Tennesse would both have excellent drafts if they can land those guys from the mock. Braylon and Ginn Jr, that would kick ass, and then to have 2, young stud corners, God, why can't we have that?

chagrin 10-20-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
No. I think he's a product of Weis' system. From what I've seen, he's not a real accurate passer, and can be a little jumpy in the pocket.

I think the appeal is that he's already playing in a pro style system, but in my unprofessional opinion, he's not going to be a great pro.

I agree

JBucc 10-20-2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

He's got a good arm and can rifle it into some tight spaces but I don't think he's #1 overall material. Even if he was the Raiders will tear him down and destroy his confidence anyway. He needs to be praying the Lions lose out so he can hook up with Mrs. Doubtfire.