ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best positive surprises on the Chiefs in the regular season. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155470)

Rain Man 12-31-2006 10:32 PM

Best positive surprises on the Chiefs in the regular season.

What were the five biggest positive surprises on the team this year?

Poll to follow, but it'll take a few minutes.

Bootlegged 12-31-2006 10:34 PM

Other than falling into the playoffs at the last second during the most improbable scenario ever to face any team in the history of the current NFL playoff system??

Can't think of any.

Brock 12-31-2006 10:34 PM

Hali, Pollard, Page, Huard, Kris Wilson.

Probably not in that order.

yeti 12-31-2006 10:39 PM

I thought that losing to the Browns was the season changer but it ended up beating the Chargers is what got us in. Thank you TYnes

Rain Man 12-31-2006 10:43 PM

Some of the biggest stories for me were:

1. Hali became an immediate contributor and pace-setter on defense.

2. The emergence of Derrick Johnson as the player we expected and hoped for.

3. Huard - who woulda thunk?

4. Bernard Pollard's special teams play.

5. While he's still not consistent (witness John Henderson burying Trent today), Jordan Black is more or less filling the breech at left tackle.

Kris Wilson and Dustin Colquitt get an honorable mention. Also, Tony G's runs after the catch deserve mention here. I've long thought of him as a guy who can make catches, but then gets tackled immediately. He made some great runs after the catch this year, which were an impressive and eyebrow-raising surprise.

htismaqe 12-31-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Some of the biggest stories for me were:

1. Hali became an immediate contributor and pace-setter on defense.

2. The emergence of Derrick Johnson as the player we expected and hoped for.

3. Huard - who woulda thunk?

4. Bernard Pollard's special teams play.

5. While he's still not consistent (witness John Henderson burying Trent today), Jordan Black is more or less filling the breech at left tackle.

Kris Wilson and Dustin Colquitt get an honorable mention.

I like your list with the exception of Derrick Johnson. Maybe it's just me, or maybe he's riding a wave of hype, but he's been extremely underwhelming at times this year. He missed another couple of arm tackles today. Hopefully, it's lingering effects of his injury or something...

Rain Man 12-31-2006 11:01 PM

Really? I was very impressed with DJ's play this year. In my opinion, he showed a speed and range that he didn't have last year at all.

PriestMVP31 12-31-2006 11:13 PM

Playoffs, Kris Wilson, Huard, Colquitt, and Bell

jAZ 12-31-2006 11:19 PM

Everyone should be voting for Reed and Edwards at DT. Those two and Huard and the playoffs are no brainers, IMO.