ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are the Chiefs this years NFL Cardinals?. Wrote off as done and then...Champs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155482)

BigRedChief 12-31-2006 11:21 PM

Are the Chiefs this years NFL Cardinals?. Wrote off as done and then...Champs?

Stevie Ray, myself and some other Chiefs fans were sharing a jaggerbomb during the pre-game tailgate festivities. FDE was given the honor of the toast. He said that yeah, losing to Cleveland and Miami sucked but we have a good coach, he will cut the dead wood, we will learn to win on the road and draft better and even if we don't make the playoffs this year we will soon and we will get that playoff win. We were all looking at him like you blind eyed homer....He said you got to believe and hope. Okay, Stevieray/FDE I have renewed hope.

Sure we got a great draw with Indy. Run LJ and get the road win. Then it will be a trip to SD and Marty. We all know how Marty coached team do in the playoffs. Could happen you never know.

Look at the baseball Cardinals. Not even the most homer of a Cardinal fan gave us a shot at even winning a playoff round. But we know what happened..Could it happen again? In the NFL this season? We already got in by having two underdogs win in overtime on the road. Why not believe? Why not have some hope. It's a lot more fun.

siberian khatru 12-31-2006 11:22 PM

My Dad -- a Cardinals fan -- made the same comparison this evening.

TinyEvel 12-31-2006 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I look forward to returning down to SD to watch us beat them this time, and rub it in those friggin' weak-assed fans' faces.

keg in kc 12-31-2006 11:30 PM

Hate to say it, but from a real mirror comparison standpoint, wouldn't the Colts be a closer match? As in starting strong but sort of falling apart during the second half of the year.

Would be nice to see some success on this side of the state, though.

teedubya 12-31-2006 11:33 PM

**** the Cardinals.

chief52 12-31-2006 11:35 PM

The Cardinals were in no way "backed in" to the playoffs. They were the strongest team throughout and slid at the end. They were not some sort of "surprise winner" of the World Series to real baseball fans.

dirk digler 12-31-2006 11:37 PM

Who gives a shit about the ****ing Cardinals.

This is a 1 game elimination tournament not some stupid best of 7 shit

BigRedChief 12-31-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
My Dad -- a Cardinals fan -- made the same comparison this evening.

Probably a lot of Chief/Cardinal fans thinking the same thing tonight.

chief52 12-31-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Probably a lot of Chief/Cardinal fans thinking the same thing tonight.

Go away...there is no comparison to the 2 regular seasons. None what so ever.

BigRedChief 12-31-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Go away...there is no comparison to the 2 regular seasons. None what so ever.

Go away?
http://www.forumspile.com/Die-Go_try_this.jpg

chief52 01-01-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief

Happy New Year BigRedChief :)

Beings I am a lineman for the Pacific Gas and Electric I find your picture pretty funny...or ironic as the case may be. ROFL

patteeu 01-01-2007 12:18 AM

Did the Cardinals win?

BigRedChief 01-01-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu
Did the Cardinals win?

Yep, just like the Chiefs on Saturday.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Frazod 01-01-2007 01:39 AM

I've been thinking about the similarities, but didn't want to mention them and fuck up the karma. :#

Reaper16 01-01-2007 03:53 AM

**** no. Don't ruin this all-too-rare playoff berth by bringing in this Cardinals bullshit. The Cards are soooo important that they're put into comparison with NFL teams now? Give me a break.