ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Public Television (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157925)

Jenson71 02-05-2007 02:42 PM

Public Television

A series of questions in poll form will be available shortly.

What are some of your favorite shows? Any Charlie Rose viewers?

DMAC 02-05-2007 02:44 PM

This Old House tops em all.

Donger 02-05-2007 02:45 PM

NOVA.

Easy 6 02-05-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
NOVA.

Thats a good one, Charlie Rose is always enlightening, Nature, American Experience are good too. PT usually has some very good documentaries & concerts as well, with the best part being 0 commercials.

acesn8s 02-05-2007 02:54 PM

Red Green

alpha_omega 02-05-2007 02:56 PM

Nova
MotorWeek
Antiques Roadshow
Monty Python
Ruckus (it's back!)

Don't watch all the time, but when i am watchin' these are the ones.

FAX 02-05-2007 02:57 PM

We have a local Public Access show called, "This Damned House" in which a bunch of goobers keep failing at their attempts to fix stuff. It's not particularly entertaining, but extremely realistic.

FAX

Pitt Gorilla 02-05-2007 02:58 PM

Independent Lens is always good. People make their own documentaries and they are usually top notch.
Charlie Rose and Jim Lehr are good for news/current events.
Sesame Street, Thomas, Bob the Builder are good for my kid.

Baby Lee 02-05-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC
This Old House tops em all.

Do you get This Old House and Ask This Old House separate, or in the new This Old House Hour?

My weekend isn't complete until I've seen/heard their wacky 'what is it?' hijinks.

StcChief 02-05-2007 03:19 PM

McNeill Lauer News at times. occasional NOVA.

mfkrush 02-05-2007 03:32 PM

Sorry to go off topic but isn't all TV made to the public? Where can I watch the private TV. That sounds really cool.

/sarcasm. I dont watch pubic TV.

Easy 6 02-05-2007 03:32 PM

Theres an American Experience on tonight titled "The Living Weapon", sounds cool, i'll have to see what its about.

Just looked it up, its about Germany & Japan developing biological weapons during WW2, i was hoping for a profile of a Delta Force guy or something similar. Probably wont bother with it.

Iowanian 02-05-2007 03:49 PM

I don't watch it much.

I always like "This old house" and "new Yankee workshop". I hated it when they lost the State Wrestling finals, and wish they'd have broadcast the entire thing.

I really enjoyed the shows where they took the people and had them live as pioneers. "pioneer house" I think it was called. I only wish they'd have done it longer and made them live out the winter or tap out, with the "last family standing" winning some money.

I'm probably a year from Sesame Street and whatnot coming into play.

Easy 6 02-05-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

I really enjoyed the shows where they took the people and had them live as pioneers. "pioneer house" I think it was called. I only wish they'd have done it longer and made them live out the winter or tap out, with the "last family standing" winning some money.

I forgot about that show, watched 3 or 4 of them. It was funny to hear how much the kids bitched, even the adults about lost it a lot of times. I would love to go on a show like that.

Baby Lee 02-05-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
"new Yankee workshop"

Norm!!!